Author Topic: Nagahaku MOD 3.0b Updated  (Read 160752 times)

Dabbler_77

• Nameless
Re: Nagahaku MOD 3.0b Updated
« Reply #540 on: Sep 09, 2017; 09:24 PM »
I LOVE the mod (especially as an Evoker!) but the Blademaster's Surge of Restoration is still bugged.  Sometimes it stops working completely.  Switching weaopns sometimes fixes it but it consistently stops working and sometimes requires me to exit the game to reset it.

Also is it possible to change the BM's Surge skills to be a passive that's activated on hit based on certain probability like Hellgate Global?  I find that I lose all surges if I'm hitting a single boss and there's no mob enemy to kill.  I think Global had it at 15% to activate on hit and goes up to around 60% (can't remember) as you invest points in it.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #541 on: Sep 10, 2017; 03:55 AM »
Unfortunately, since Nagahaku hasn't been on here since February of 2016, I don't think there will be any updates to this mod.

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #542 on: Sep 10, 2017; 08:50 PM »
I LOVE the mod (especially as an Evoker!) but the Blademaster's Surge of Restoration is still bugged.  Sometimes it stops working completely.  Switching weaopns sometimes fixes it but it consistently stops working and sometimes requires me to exit the game to reset it.

Also is it possible to change the BM's Surge skills to be a passive that's activated on hit based on certain probability like Hellgate Global? I find that I lose all surges if I'm hitting a single boss and there's no mob enemy to kill.  I think Global had it at 15% to activate on hit and goes up to around 60% (can't remember) as you invest points in it.

Isn't that how the surge is supposed to work?

You get a surge ring around you, up to three, for every enemy you kill.... if you walk about afterwards without killing anything the rings disappear.

So if you're pounding on a boss without anything around to kill then you don't get the rings (or they disappear)

If they stayed with you then they'd just be the same as those permanent (you gotta switch them on and off) aura things.

To me, the whole idea of this is that each character type gets a similar-but-different "buff".

Dabbler_77

• Nameless
« Reply #543 on: Sep 11, 2017; 10:49 PM »

Also is it possible to change the BM's Surge skills to be a passive that's activated on hit based on certain probability like Hellgate Global? I find that I lose all surges if I'm hitting a single boss and there's no mob enemy to kill.  I think Global had it at 15% to activate on hit and goes up to around 60% (can't remember) as you invest points in it.

Isn't that how the surge is supposed to work?

You get a surge ring around you, up to three, for every enemy you kill.... if you walk about afterwards without killing anything the rings disappear.

So if you're pounding on a boss without anything around to kill then you don't get the rings (or they disappear)

If they stayed with you then they'd just be the same as those permanent (you gotta switch them on and off) aura things.

To me, the whole idea of this is that each character type gets a similar-but-different "buff".

They changed the Surge skill in Hellgate Global so that it is activated on any kind of melee hit.  For example Surge of Restoration lvl10 has a 20% chance to activate per hit and Surge of Wrath lvl01 has a 7% to activate on hit.  If I'm Dual-Wielding blades I have 6 opportunities to activate those surges per use of Sword of Justice (2 swords X 3 swings).  There weren't any dedicated active slots for the Surges. 

It's a shame about Nagahaku though.  I love the mod (especially the 250 palladium skill retrainers) but the broken Surge skills (i.e. sometimes it doesn't activate at all with kills or critical kills) has made the Blademaster unplayable.  I guess I'll try the mother mods.

UPDATE: 2017/09/22
Looks like the mod can only handle two surges at once. I can activate SofR and SofS most times (although sometimes there seems to be a 2-15 cooldown between activations) however once I have those two up SofW does not activate.  I also SofR and SofW together and they do activate but once I use SofS it replaces SofW.  I think SofW is kinda breaking the game.  To those who use BM I recommend skipping SofW for SofS as well as the Stability of Power skill.  The increase power and duration from SofPower makes it insanely easy to keep your surges up (60 seconds of surges at max lvl).
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2017; 12:57 AM by Dabbler_77 »