Author Topic: Lost London V  (Read 71142 times)

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
Re: Lost London V
« Reply #180 on: Sep 03, 2018; 03:19 PM »
Just wanted to add my sentiments and appreciation for this mod (looks like it's been a while, so you can know that there is still interest in it and people are continuing to enjoy it after all this time).  I'm not sure I would have fired up HGL again if it weren't for this mod.  I'm still a pretty low-level character (only finished the SP campaign once on "normal" mode, so I'm around level 32 right now). 

Tried an Ancient Blood yesterday and barely lasted 10 seconds, so I've started playing with the addons to reduce the difficulty a tad.  We'll see how it goes....might have to just avoid them if editing the addon doesn't help me live a little longer in there LOL.  I'm definitely going to play with the added skill tree of the Engineer (currently a Marksman).

Again, many thanks for the hard work in developing this mod, I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

Thank you for your kind words. It makes me happy to know that there are still people enjoying Lost London. I put my heart and soul to this mod. :)
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

nanook2k3

• Nameless
« Reply #181 on: Sep 05, 2018; 02:22 PM »
Just wanted to add my sentiments and appreciation for this mod (looks like it's been a while, so you can know that there is still interest in it and people are continuing to enjoy it after all this time).  I'm not sure I would have fired up HGL again if it weren't for this mod.  I'm still a pretty low-level character (only finished the SP campaign once on "normal" mode, so I'm around level 32 right now). 

Tried an Ancient Blood yesterday and barely lasted 10 seconds, so I've started playing with the addons to reduce the difficulty a tad.  We'll see how it goes....might have to just avoid them if editing the addon doesn't help me live a little longer in there LOL.  I'm definitely going to play with the added skill tree of the Engineer (currently a Marksman).

Again, many thanks for the hard work in developing this mod, I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

Thank you for your kind words. It makes me happy to know that there are still people enjoying Lost London. I put my heart and soul to this mod. :)

Do you know if there is a way to edit a txt file or something to prevent this "room reset" (or is that the "dynamic respawning")?  It'd be cool to clear a room and have it stay that way while I'm still playing through that quest

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #182 on: Sep 07, 2018; 08:55 AM »

Do you know if there is a way to edit a txt file or something to prevent this "room reset" (or is that the "dynamic respawning")?  It'd be cool to clear a room and have it stay that way while I'm still playing through that quest
It is possible to change that, but it would require the use of reanimator. Room respawn timer is a separate feature that i personally did adjust for LL. It was a personal choice as the idea was to bombard the player with near endless horde of demons at all times. Dynamic Spawn System itself allows Hellgate to spawn much more varied group of demons in each stage.

nanook2k3

• Nameless
« Reply #183 on: Sep 07, 2018; 04:48 PM »

It is possible to change that, but it would require the use of reanimator. Room respawn timer is a separate feature that i personally did adjust for LL. It was a personal choice as the idea was to bombard the player with near endless horde of demons at all times. Dynamic Spawn System itself allows Hellgate to spawn much more varied group of demons in each stage.

So can I use reanimator at the same time as LL?  Does it matter that I have LL installed already and I can just install reanimator and use it to edit the respawn timer, or do I have to uninstall LL first? 

I tried playing around with reanimator, but I have no idea what I'm doing.  Is there a particular file (.idx, or XML) that I should be looking for to edit?
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2018; 05:01 PM by nanook2k3 »

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #184 on: Sep 10, 2018; 06:31 AM »
nanook2k3, I have ZERO knowledge of using latest reanimator or modding New Launcher version of Lost London V. So modding idx or xml files are not my forte. I did not make the new launcher version of Lost London V, that was kindly "ported" by Kikina the Templar. You could try PM:ing Kikina about it as he is the master of latest reanimator. I myself have lost most of my knowledge of how to do stuff with reanimators and my expansive notes and such were destroyed years ago when my old PC died.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #185 on: Sep 10, 2018; 02:35 PM »
Some time ago i added this feature, also at the request of the players, to the Revival Mod. It took me a long time before i figured out how to do it. Only long after i discovered that the same feature added to Nagahaku Optionals Dank Rafft, whose solution came to me more elegant...  ;)
The procedure described by Malachor in this topic is, of course, 100% correct.
http://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-reanimator-editor/removing-'dynamic-respawning'-in-lost-london/msg58278/?topicseen#new

Here is new version of Lost London V repack for new loader, in which you can activate this function in the install menu.

spag

• Named
« Reply #186 on: Sep 10, 2018; 05:50 PM »
Thanks for the mod. :)

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #187 on: Sep 10, 2018; 06:13 PM »
Seriously Kikina, i should soon start paying you for these updates you do to my mod. :D
Edit: Download link at first page updated with the latest LL V 1.4 file.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2018; 06:16 PM by Seferoth »

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #188 on: Sep 10, 2018; 07:47 PM »
 ;D

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #189 on: Sep 10, 2018; 08:18 PM »
Quick Question:

The LL "old installer" has LL and LL Add-ons

The LL "new installer" just has LL

Are the Add-ons now part of the "new installer" version?  (Handy if they are!)

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #190 on: Sep 10, 2018; 08:52 PM »
Quick Question:

Yes, the addons are part of the new installer version. Old installer version needs a separate file.
Edit: Also since Lost London V 1.4 the New Installer Version has more addon options than old installer version.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2018; 08:58 PM by Seferoth »

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #191 on: Sep 11, 2018; 08:20 PM »
Quick Question:

Yes, the addons are part of the new installer version. Old installer version needs a separate file.
Edit: Also since Lost London V 1.4 the New Installer Version has more addon options than old installer version.

Thanks, mate, it's a great way to do it.