Author Topic: NagaOptionals - v4.2.beta (9 January 2016)  (Read 56758 times)

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
  • but friends call me daft
    • Youtube Channel
Re: NagaOptionals - v4.1 (3 December 2015)
« Reply #210 on: Dec 04, 2015; 08:43 PM »
Uhm ... maybe it's just a random guess, but isn't the reason the non-fixed stats?

When he had ~87% Damred, I killed him easily. More Ignite ticks too. If I'm right, then I officially see the errors of my ways.  ;D
Ignite always does the same amount of damage regardless of the damage reduction. Damage reduction only affects direct damage. And the stats are never fixed. They always scale with level.

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #211 on: Dec 04, 2015; 09:27 PM »
Something to add:

Moloch isn't a problem because he can't be ignited.

Instant Full Lifesteal + 97% Damage Reduction + 100k resists + Heal during poison + Ignites + Ton of damage + Uses skills while electrified.

Now THAT makes him a problem.

This time, I wasn't even able to kill him (with the Ignite option on). I closed the game, because it was ridiculous.
I think I know what you're referring to when talking about the heal. He has a 20% heal by himself and summons fiend priests which heal him - no wonder the poison has no effect. You have to kill them. There shouldn't be any kind of lifesteal unless I'm missing something. With my MM I killed him in ~20 seconds without ignite immunity and in ~1 min with ignite immunity but only because he had the teleport affix and I was running around looking for him constantly.

RpRHUN

• Nameless
« Reply #212 on: Dec 04, 2015; 10:36 PM »
Dank, I came up with the one thing I need! Hurray!

Other than the Rings ( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ), I could use an inventory double this size. Elite Mode + Crazy Slayer puts too much of a burden, and a full AB clear alone goes over the limit  :'(

Pwetty pwease?  :)

Also, another thing I came up with:
I don't know if it's hardcoded, but might work. We miss Global's Auto-disassemblers, I believe (I'm sure it's not only me). However, those can't be put into the SP.
You can use the menu configured for consoles to sell items at shops, but you can also use the Shift + Right click to do the same. Do you think it would be possible to f.e. Ctrl + Right click to be assigned to Destroy, and Alt + Right click to Disassemble an item, similarly to how Shift + Right click sells them?
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2015; 10:51 PM by RpRHUN »

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #213 on: Dec 04, 2015; 11:58 PM »
Dank, I came up with the one thing I need! Hurray!

Other than the Rings ( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ), I could use an inventory double this size. Elite Mode + Crazy Slayer puts too much of a burden, and a full AB clear alone goes over the limit  :'(

Pwetty pwease?  :)
I'll try to do it but I can't promise anything.

Also, another thing I came up with:
I don't know if it's hardcoded, but might work. We miss Global's Auto-disassemblers, I believe (I'm sure it's not only me). However, those can't be put into the SP.
You can use the menu configured for consoles to sell items at shops, but you can also use the Shift + Right click to do the same. Do you think it would be possible to f.e. Ctrl + Right click to be assigned to Destroy, and Alt + Right click to Disassemble an item, similarly to how Shift + Right click sells them?
AFAIK this isn't possible because the hotkey function needs to be hardcoded. If I'd be able to set a hotkey in Reanimator it would work.

RpRHUN

• Nameless
« Reply #214 on: Dec 05, 2015; 10:40 AM »
Thanks! If only you could also put the rings in, I could send you for an early retirement ...

So, it can't be done. That's a shame ... that was my best idea for making disassembly and destruction of items easier. It seems we have to suffer through the console menu for an eternity in SP  :'(

mrhbln

• Nameless
« Reply #215 on: Dec 15, 2015; 09:34 AM »
Well Done
Thank you
/mrhbln

Ravenhawk

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #216 on: Dec 20, 2015; 06:47 PM »
In your last iteration of the NagaOptionals mod you tried to get it where everyone could dual wield swords and it didn't work, so I got to thinking.  What if you took both the evoker and blademaster skills and combined them into a part of the Global skill set?  With the willpower upgrades in it too.  even I have trouble sometimes keeping willpower up on my Hunter's and Engi's to try and equip weapons with the mods that I want.

Also was wondering if it would be possible to put small perks on the regular color set mods, things like a + to poison on the green ones, or maybe like an immunity to stun, electrical damage, etcetera.

Am really enjoying this mod a lot, and keep coming across things like the two mentioned above where the game could be improved upon or made more fun.  I don't know if either thing is possible, but it would be a blast to try out  :D  Thanks a lot for your hard work and diligence on this mod, you and Naga both have done a marvelous job you can both be proud of!

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #217 on: Dec 21, 2015; 03:42 PM »
In your last iteration of the NagaOptionals mod you tried to get it where everyone could dual wield swords and it didn't work, so I got to thinking.  What if you took both the evoker and blademaster skills and combined them into a part of the Global skill set?  With the willpower upgrades in it too.  even I have trouble sometimes keeping willpower up on my Hunter's and Engi's to try and equip weapons with the mods that I want.

Also was wondering if it would be possible to put small perks on the regular color set mods, things like a + to poison on the green ones, or maybe like an immunity to stun, electrical damage, etcetera.

Am really enjoying this mod a lot, and keep coming across things like the two mentioned above where the game could be improved upon or made more fun.  I don't know if either thing is possible, but it would be a blast to try out  :D  Thanks a lot for your hard work and diligence on this mod, you and Naga both have done a marvelous job you can both be proud of!
Both is definitely possible but I have very little free time atm. I've put both ideas on my list. :)

Ravenhawk

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #218 on: Dec 21, 2015; 11:20 PM »
AND.....also add in the old Show some skin mod possibly?  Makes them girls easy on the eyes...*grin*.  One other thing I noticed that made for a very fun and laughter filled good time was seeing any of the open faced helmets with the protective mask sticking out of it, with one of the Cabalists helms and the pink color set I swear she looked just like Miss Piggy!

Also, not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet, but the secondary skill that is supposed to work off the critical surge has never worked for me.  Howsomeever, I can proc the one off the speed surge with 3 crit surges going, so basically that one works off of both.

Really enjoying the game a lot more and love the Dank weapons you put in for us.  Having the options has added a whole new dimension to the game, can't thank you enough for that.

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #219 on: Dec 22, 2015; 09:40 AM »
AND.....also add in the old Show some skin mod possibly?  Makes them girls easy on the eyes...*grin*.  One other thing I noticed that made for a very fun and laughter filled good time was seeing any of the open faced helmets with the protective mask sticking out of it, with one of the Cabalists helms and the pink color set I swear she looked just like Miss Piggy!
I won't do that, not because I can't but these are texture and model changes and those can only be added as fixed changes. As far as I know there's no way to make them optional. And I doubt the majority would want to make use of these changes.

Also, not sure if anyone else has mentioned it yet, but the secondary skill that is supposed to work off the critical surge has never worked for me.  Howsomeever, I can proc the one off the speed surge with 3 crit surges going, so basically that one works off of both.
I'll look into it.

Really enjoying the game a lot more and love the Dank weapons you put in for us.  Having the options has added a whole new dimension to the game, can't thank you enough for that.
I'm glad you like them. :)

Krokenoster

• Nameless
« Reply #220 on: Dec 22, 2015; 03:10 PM »
Really great job making this mod Dank.  It has added in so many of the things we have been looking for in a mod.  The Sniper Rifle is amazing to say the least. 

One thought though.  I see that RpRHUN asked about those achievements i was looking at being added to Lost London.  Would you be able to implement any of these and fix some of those which have been bugged since the start like the assassins bug hive achievement?

One thing i still have a little problem with is the size of Ancient Blood's.  To me with my Engineer or Blademaster they seem too small.  Can clear the entire thing in like 5 minutes. 

Really like the option to reduce cooldowns.  Its a bit buggy sometimes but really has made the game fun again. 

And back to the question i have asked so many times.  Is there a way to make the level cap something ridiculously high like 1000? I don't really care if it breaks the balancing of mobs being overpowered or anything but i just want to be able to continue killing and getting rewarded.  Already have a Engineer and Blademaster that can kill almost anything in seconds on Nightmare Elite Difficulty. 

But again real good job getting us all excited to play Hellgate London again.  Well done and i hope you get all the praise you deserve!!!

RpRHUN

• Nameless
« Reply #221 on: Dec 22, 2015; 05:09 PM »
My idea would be to make items like 1/30 chance to drop altogether, and instead of items, most mobs would drop components (Scrap, Shard, Fragment, Component, Nanoshard a bit rarer). It's more in line with usual RPG drop lists, unlike now, when the most basic zombie has something for you.

At least, that's what I prefer. It would also solve the bag space shortage.

Also, items crafted could be made to cost ten times more materials, and upgrading them could cost five times more, which would make them fast-moving goods.

This is also one way to make the drops more logical.

EDIT: Yeah, after quite a long gametime, I can confirm it. And that's also a reply for the bigger Ancient Blood areas.

I just had a run in Ancient Blood. WoW style inventory activated, only 5 slots were taken up permanently (for quest items and cube). Once AB was cleared, I had to leave, empty my full inventory, then go back, and what I left on the floor filled my inventory a second time (7 slots remained). This with no Crazy Slayer.

For players like me, CS is not feasible, as I tend to pick up everything that drops. Though my new char has 1kk money after 10 hours of gameplay (and the disassemble 1000 items achievement), I either leave things on the ground (I'd rather not), or something has to be done. Otherwise, I can forget CS (as much as I enjoy it).

I think normal monsters should at most drop consumables and various fragments, whereas non-normal (Berserker, Ghostly, Champion, Zealot, Named, Unique, Mutant, Boss) monsters should be the only ones that drop whole items, and maybe chests (destructibles like boxes and containers should also only drop fragments). It would make much more sense. As for drop chances, that's fine with me - I don't use the remove lower item qualities, but I do use Unique Extra and Mythic Boost. Also, making costs of crafting and forging items higher would balance out the high amount of materials nicely, giving it more reason to exist.

Of course, this would impact Palladium rates (items sell for way more than components), but people would be able to spend more time grinding thousands of mobs (=fun), and less time gawking at the merchant (=chore), and there's way too much Palladium to spend, and way too few things to spend it on anyway.

Dank, is that option feasible? I don't know how much tuning should go into that, but it might be easy to implement as an option for all I know ...
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2015; 11:03 AM by RpRHUN »

RpRHUN

• Nameless
« Reply #222 on: Dec 24, 2015; 01:03 PM »
Also, about the unkillable Moloch:
The problem is the 'Unyielding' attribute. Since Moloch can have affixes (he shouldn't, by the way), sometimes, he gets 'Unyielding', which makes him virtually unkillable, no matter what you do. I happened to finally understand after I read his attributes carefully - Unyielding makes him refill his full HP from scratch multiple times (up to 11 is confirmed, during my last AB run - had to leave him because he was totally invincible), no matter what you do. Also, toxic effects don't prevent it, his damage is high enough to negate 30k shields with ease under 10 seconds, and Ignite is waaaaay less useful in this scenario. Not to mention he spawned with 97% damage reduction.

Well, the problem is solved if I just leave him if he has Unyielding ...

EDIT: OK, F*CK that. Regenerating is even worse.
I'm dishing out ridiculous damage with a 10/10 Sword of Justice and every Elemental damage, using Overpowered Dyes, in full enchanted Unique gear, with 1k+ Stun power. 8k all resist, 3.5k armor, and I get stunned twice every time he blows his stupid stun field, he doesn't get stunned once within thousands of hits. One hit gets his HP back to full from less than half, and he blasts 30k shields in three hits. And I'm on Normal (Elite though).

EDIT2: meh, I don't care. I'll just leave him be if he's ridiculously OP.
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2015; 04:07 PM by RpRHUN »

Dank Rafft

• Founder
  • Named
    • Youtube Channel
Re: NagaOptionals - v4.2.beta (9 January 2016)
« Reply #223 on: Jan 09, 2016; 11:13 PM »
Update:
v4.2.beta
----

continued working on option No / Lower Cooldowns (Incomplete)

added option Loot Piñata

With this it should be easier to get the loot from Moloch since Loot Piñata is a weak low-level Moloch. And this update will mot likely be the last update for NagaOptionals. Keep in mind that it's a beta release which means I wasn't able to test every addition and change. If it isn't working as intended I'm sorry. I won't be able to fix any issues with it anytime soon.

Thanks for following this project and giving all the feedback. It was a great and fun experience and I hope you enjoyed the time with it as I did.

Farewell!

P.S.: RpRHUN, the Unyielding prefix increases "just" the armor which leads to a higher damage reduction. But the difference between 90% and 97% shouldn't be that big of a deal. I assume the other stats are overtuned. I haven't had any issues with him with my marksman and that's why I just transferred all his stats from the Resurrection mod. I'm sorry I won't be able to change him. Maybe somebody else is able and willing to continue my work. :)

OldEd

• Founder
  • Nameless
Re: NagaOptionals - v4.2.beta (9 January 2016)
« Reply #224 on: Jan 10, 2016; 12:42 AM »
Dank
I thank you for your time and mods and we'll  miss you!
On my TeamSpeak server I have a screenshot of my hunter with the Mastodon rifle and many players have seen it and now want to play this great game.
I sent the game and your mods to a long time friend and also some saved files to get him going.
We used the TeamSpeak server to get him setup and play the game. He had a Mastodon rifle and all I could hear from him was G_d D_m this gun kicks ass. I'm sure others will be amazed  when they play your mods also.

Afvedersen