Author Topic: Using Melee on Cabalist classes with Focus weapon mod  (Read 118 times)

modenthusiast

• Nameless
Greetings,

I'm trying to find a mod that fixes the animations for Cabalists when using a melee weapon in combination with a focus weapon. I've already tried the "No Faction Requirement" mod for weapons, that's where I noticed this particular problem. Does Nagahaku, Revival/Unofficial or Lost London fix this at all? Or is it simply impossible to fix due to the animations?

Kikina the templar

• Named
Re: Using Melee on Cabalist classes with Focus weapon mod
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2021; 09:28 AM »
I have dealt with this issue a lot, but at the moment i consider this problem to be unsolvable.
This is a combination of two issues:
- the original Hellgate never expected that cabalists will use melee fight (this concept appeared with the change to a demonic form)
- focci, as the only weapon in the game, is not held in the hand, but is worn instead of gloves (which entails significant changes in the "wardrobe" files)
As for character animations - animations from Hellgate global are unusable because they only work with the old version of the player model, animations from TCv4 patch for some reason either don't work or don't consider the alternative melee combat yet. I think the original concept from Flagship was created only for barehand (or with focus gloves) cabalist combat, not for weapons.

Immortal2563

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2021; 10:01 AM »
If we are already on this topic, I have a similar question. I use two foccia: tentacle and Morax. I have a poisonous spirit on my left hand, I don't remember what it's called because I uninstalled the game, I use it because it has the greatest range and Hellfire on the right. The problem is Morax, which sometimes, instead of throwing Hellfire, drops a projectile into the ground, it is an area damage ball and this ball blocks Hellfire from being used for a few seconds.

The game just has a fault with shooting this weapon instead of casting a spell. There is no problem with any other weapon, the more that it's hard to get in the dice, let alone the stats.

How do I block the shooting of a gun when I have spells on my left and right hands?

The second error concerns Catacombs 11-15. It happened to me about 10 times. There are ditches with one staircase, and sometimes enemies hide there. After entering some of them I am teleported to the beginning of the level.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2021; 03:00 PM »
The mistake is in something else.  :)
Morax will only fire a projectile if you try to use a skill and you don't have enough mana to cast it. This problem does not only concern Morax, but all focci. However, the other focuses have an ordinary missile as the default attack, so you probably didn't notice.  Ripshard, Bloodshards and Glyphcard have a special default attack that other foci do not have. If you want to cast a skill and you don't have enough mana, the game automatically uses the default focus shot.
There are no Catacombs in Revival, but the problem concerns all versions of the game in which there are levels of this type (Necropolis, for example). The program sometimes evaluates on unevenness that the player's character has fallen through the floor and therefore teleports the character to the start of a given level. It is a protection against stuck of the player.

Immortal2563

• Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2021; 03:54 PM »
I understand your point of view, but that is not the case here. I have about 1000 mana and 1700 her regeneration points in a combination of both weapons +15 for a total of +1600 damage and + 97% increased area damage I can burn the entire screen with one press. Few, really weak, can survive a single Hellfire shot.

What I'm getting at, even if I want to run out of mana, I don't even use mana vials. This is not a lack of mana problem.

The problem is Morax. I've already fired everything and no other weapon does anything like this. I will probably have to reinstall the game and make a movie, I have no other option.

As for the second problem, you may be right. Several times in the campaign I literally fell into the abyss while walking on the ground.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2021; 05:20 PM »
f it's not a lack of mana, then you're probably just trying to use the skill during the cooldown.
The picture shows an example.  On the first picture skill is assigned to the right mouse button. when the button is pressed, the skill is sent.
The second image shows what happens if you press the right mouse button again during the cooldown of that skill. A fireball flies in front of the character - which is the default attack of Glypshard.  If the character had any Ripshard (Morax) on his hand, a projectile forming a physical field would strike instead of a fire projectile.

Immortal2563

• Nameless
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2021; 06:04 PM »
Probably you are right. It's just a pity that someone designed it this way, after all, this ball / fireball will not do anything to anyone and she adds some time to Helllfire and delays Hellfire, which should be moments later after a mistaken cut of the button.

It's a pity that I can't find another equally good Tentacle, they don't have this disadvantage.
+ 25-30% dmg vs Necro / Demons / Undead
+ 3% CHC
+ 100% CD
+ 30% damage
+ 11% Spell damage

Thanks for the explanation.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2021; 09:15 PM »
I understand that this function does not suit everyone, but someone will welcome if can still shoot during the cooldown. This was also probably the intention of the people from the FSS. And not everyone who uses focus is evokers.  :)
In the revival, i set the cooldown of the default projectile to zero on the ripshards (respectively - revival ripshards works a little differently, the projectile is not fired, the physical field appears directly), so Ripshards are one of the best weapons for summoners.
By the way, there is one focus in the revival with a completely unique attack, which, when properly moded, provides a default attack similar to the Hellfire spell. It is called "Bridge of Asses" and can be obtained during the FIFA event.
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2021; 09:52 PM by Kikina the templar »

modenthusiast

• Nameless
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2021; 10:34 PM »
I think I found an answer to my question. Nagahaku 3.0b does indeed allow for melee weapons to be used correctly with a foci. I think the limitation is that the melee weapon is always the left hand while foci is the right.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2021; 01:21 AM »
I can't judge, i never played the Nagahaku mod. From what i read here on the forum, i conclude that Nagahaku transferred some focci to another item group, ie between melee weapons.
I tried something similar in Revival, but the focci defined as weapons could no longer be used as focus, ie for casting skills.
If it works in Nagahaku mod, there must be a some trick i didn't figure out ...