Author Topic: Town portals  (Read 232 times)

Ghoul-bb

• Nameless
Town portals
« on: Nov 24, 2018; 03:06 PM »
How to enable town portals for areas, like hellrifts, reasure passages and some other places?
I looked in levels table, there is column , named "disableTownPortals"
I changed "1" to "0", but anyway I can not use town portal from these mape. What's wrong?

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
Re: Town portals
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2018; 02:23 AM »
Have a look at the town portal skill.

Ghoul-bb

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2018; 01:51 AM »
Ok, It was prohibited to use town portals in hellrifts.
I found a bug, after I allowed to use town portals from hellrifts.
I opened town portal from the first ancient blood, I visited. Allright, it teleported me back to the station, but when I returned, I started at the entrance gate of ancient blood (instead of portal activation point)

Than, I visited another ancient blood (located at another map), opened town portal, jumped back to the station, after that I returned to the ancient blood. But portal dropped me to the first visited ancient blood, instead of the second one (I discovered it because I killed Moloch at the first ancient blood, and every time I come back from another portals, I see his corpce)
What's wrong? Looks like, the game does not retain town portal locations for hellrifts (that's why it is just banned to use any townportals at these locations)

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2018; 03:17 AM »
Perhaps it might have something to do with there being only one actual ancient blood in levels(HellDungeonAdventure #194), but multiple instances of it can appear. So it's keeping the town portal of the first hellrift in memory, except I thought it would unremember when you come back through.
It may work the same way with passageways, though there are three different types of them.

Ghoul-bb

• Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2018; 09:14 AM »
Ok, I will check passageways too!
Btw, do you know, what is responsible for spawning specific monsters, like Moloch, Shulgoth or something else at the hellrifts?

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2018; 02:23 AM »
I think spawn_class, although I couldn't find a reference to Shulgoth there, but that's probably a special case. Or I missed seeing it.
pick# will be either:
0 - nothing, the rest generally will be blank
1 - a specific entry in monsters table
3 - another spawn_class entry

spawn -  the reference to either the monster or other spawn_class

count# - how many, can be a random or fixed amount
weight - the likelihood of a particular pick being chosen:
If we look at index 38 sc_GENERIC_Orbilespawn_solo
weight1 - 27
weight2 - 9
weight3 - 3
weight4 - 1
the game gets the total weight which is 40, and then compares each pick against that, so pick1 has a 27/40 chance of being picked, pick2 is 9/40, pick 3/40, and pick4 is 1/40.
Side note: I've wondered why percentages aren't used, and I think it's because it requires less memory to use integers than decimal numbers.