Author Topic: Nanoshards... How sent it to HELL?!!  (Read 516 times)

BuyagaDodzyo

• Nameless
Nanoshards... How sent it to HELL?!!
« on: Mar 18, 2020; 03:00 AM »
I'm don't wan't to patch HG:L, but bugs and etc. Why don't wan't? Because I'll throw game at least twice because get rid of those shity "nanoshards" needed to upgrade items. A-a-and... There NO ANY mod that delete it forever? At least just delete it from game?
Hope there are some active users to help with. If I found some info maybe even try to solve problem by myself... If found any info how it can be maked.  :o

BuyagaDodzyo

• Nameless
Re: Nanoshards... How sent it to HELL?!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2020; 12:19 AM »
Found this variables with Reanimator... Don't know what do with it.  :o

BuyagaDodzyo

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2020; 03:50 PM »
I understand that to change recipie for Nano Forge that using nanoshards I need to open and edit "data\materials\nanoshard.xml.cooked" or at least look there what uses this script and search in classes that used in this script... But... How I can found and open it? Some one? There are at least some live users?

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2020; 05:55 PM »
In "data/units/items/misc/consumables" is graphic data for nanoshard icon in backpack.
   - nanoshard_diffuse.dds is bitmap picture
   - nanoshard_diffuse.xml.cooked is bitmap info
   - nanoshard_glow.dds is lightmap
In "data/materials/" is info about graphics textures
   - nanoshard.xml.cooked is lightmap info

I don't know if nanoshards can be turned off with data, but i don't think so, i think the core program takes care of that.
Material demands are generated in nanoforge depending on the character's faction, so you would try to look somewhere in the excel files with characters presetting

BuyagaDodzyo

• Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2020; 12:22 AM »
As I understand for this needed to delete variable from script that controlled work of Nano Forge. At least I can't find what scripts uses it yet. Those strings is all I found. I kind a realise what I need to edit, but didn't know how and where.
Also I can look strings with Reanimator, but didn't know yet how find and open this structure tree and gain acces to needed data/script/string...
I knew that in all big and complex mods this moment changed, but I don't need to change the game so radical.
you would try to look somewhere in the excel files with characters presetting
How? As I read in one topic "open with Hellpack" or "simply drag file on Hellpack" didn't work, work wrong or I totally missunderstand how it supose to work. Hellpack when I try to start it from directory of Revival launcher within game directory give crash with "CLR20r3" error...
I understand that I something don't understand, but barely can do something or use info from this forum... Simply because I don't know for what I need to look.

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2020; 04:04 AM »
As Kikina said, the nanoshard requirement for the nanoforge is hardcoded. And trying to find it in the game's executable would be difficult.
But what you can do is increase the amount of nanoshards that you have, making the requirement meaningless.
There's a few ways this can be done:
1) Hex edit the amount your character has, if you have any. Look at this topic: https://www.hellgateaus.info/forum/hellgate-london-modification-guides/tutorial-on-'hexing'-your-character/
2) Using Reanimator to: Open item_quality and modify the value of column extraScrapChance for all entries to 100. This means that when you dismantle an item of any quality(common, uncommon, rare, legendary, or unique) you will get one nanoshard(but only one). Also open gameglobals and modify entry 9 "scrap_value_percent_of_item_sell_price" column floatValue from 0.4 to 10.4. Nanoshards are worth 100 palladium to sell so increasing this value means that even low level items will give a nanoshard when dismantling them.

3) Using Reanimator again: Open treasure go to entry 63 "bodger". Change column item7 so that the first value is 1 not 0, change the second value to 116 not -1, then change column value7 to 10. What this does is allow you to buy 10 nanoshards from each vendor(you would have to wait for them to refresh to buy more). You could increase value7 to something else if you wanted.
If you have access to the cube(you have any mods installed), you could instead change entry 461 "cube_result_medpack_large". In item1 change 3 to 116 and value1 to 5000 and change spawnCondition so that StackTreasure is checked. This means that placing 2 small medpacks into the cube will give you a stack of 5000 nanoshards.

Personally, I would use option 1 first, if I had a nanoshard. It's just easier if you're unfamiliar with Reanimator and if it's the only change you want to make.