Author Topic: Looking for any modding tutorials-new to HGL modding  (Read 293 times)

scarface2cz

• Nameless
Looking for any modding tutorials-new to HGL modding
« on: Aug 12, 2017; 06:28 PM »
I always liked this game, mix of "RPG" and hack n slash game. And first person shooter. Recently i started playing again. Only SP though. So much potential. Lets get to my point.
I have many modding and some programming experience, mostly in Bethesda games-fallouts, TES games or paradox games-EU series, HoI series and stellaris. I learned most stuff by reverse engineering everything, either from vanilla or modded game. I have zero actual education in the field, so id like to see some simple mods that i can use as templates for my own.

Also, i want to hear your opinion on what i want to do, its only 2 things actually and not in vanilla, but in other mod called "Nagahaku"

1st-I want to add skill to "conjure" generic Templar/Marksman, and have up to 5 of them- every 2 skill levels one of them. Nothing strong, just cannon fodder for any class "would be added in "general" skill tree of this mod. Im damn superhero, there should be some crazies who would want to fight along with me, right?

2nd-adjust level of enemies in areas. in this mod, enemies level with you in any area. i find that kind of weird, since you can rush whole game not caring about anything. also when i left first station i was level 10 because of insane amount of experience i got from equal level enemies

Thanks to anyone taking time to help me/give their opinion on what i want to do.

aarnold1000

• Nameless
Re: Looking for any modding tutorials-new to HGL modding
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2017; 09:43 PM »
Try the Guides and Re-animator sections on this website.

scarface2cz

• Nameless
Re: Looking for any modding tutorials-new to HGL modding
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2017; 06:27 PM »
I used search function and tried to find some tutorials. some entries back from 2009-10, some talking about it being impossible to make new skill, not much on abilities of recent reanimator. is there really noone who could point me in the right direction? I will try to make new skill myself, but i dont know how well will that go.

edit:
Whats this thingy in all "summon" skills?
<tAttachmentDef.pszAttached>sentry</tAttachmentDef.pszAttached>
and what exactly it does.

edit 2:
So far, i managed to create entry in skills table, so now theres button for my new skill in skill tree ingame. now i want to create the skill itself. i duplicated nagahaku brotherhood skill basically just with different name. however, i cant seem to successfully cook the file. because of complete lack of explanation or any manual, im stuck. also, i dont know if those two files (skills and "brotherhood copy") are only files required for new skill, as theres a lot more skill related files i found, but i dont understand them.
« Last Edit: Aug 14, 2017; 04:19 AM by scarface2cz »