Author Topic: SP related question!  (Read 428 times)

lockestar

• Nameless
SP related question!
« on: Aug 28, 2017; 01:53 AM »
Hey guys!

So I did a google search and literally no results on "truncated techsmith reports", but I have like 50 of them now by level 15 and I hate getting rid of things I can't identify or figure out. Please tell me I can get rid of them? Or tell me they are of great value and will give me much riches!

Side question - this IS in the guide, but not how I encountered it. On my search for Chocolate Park, I found it - but there was a portal on the opposite end of the map. Portal led to Ancient Evil and Moloch. I feel overpowered at times, but as a summoner I couldnt take him down once his priests appeared and healed him. Best I got was 1700hp left, but the priests had him back to 4k before I could do anything.

Is he around my level when I randomly encounter him like this? I am doubting that portal will be there again (randomly generated map aside) so do I just wait unti it happens again? I worry next time he'll have leveled and I'll still have trouble. Damn the game was so easy and now I have a headstone! So sad.

Sorry for long post, Hellgate is so great and can't even get a reply on reddit about it

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
Re: SP related question!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2017; 02:22 AM »
It would probably help if you had posted which mod you were playing as well.
Without that, the truncated report is also known as xmas_cube_scroll, which makes it sound like a sporadic cube recipe, except there's no reference in the vanilla recipes file for it(there may be in whichever mod you're playing).
If there is no actual recipe for it, then just sell, or destroy them.

Regarding Moloch, generally he spawns at either your level, or the same level as the other monsters on that map.
So in all likelihood, he will be higher level when you come across him again.

lockestar

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2017; 04:01 AM »
Hey thank you, sorry yes you are right. I am only playing Revival 3.0. I didn't think to mention that, but I'd imagine that helps, huh!

And thanks about Moloch. I guess that's good, since now I know what I need to work on. Not sure how, lol, but he better look out

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2017; 10:08 AM »
Both question have already been answered in older forum entries.

- Some quest items from event (for example "drunked techsmith report") can appears everytime, when you logged to game (abandon quest can stop it, its not bug, but feature)..
- In fact, Moloch spawn rate is not 4/5, but 100%
During the testing mod i looked into spawn tables, it seems odd that occurs so often. This setting is from original revival..
Moloch has the same properties like in online game and it is really hard to kill him at low character levels. But, after you get good gear, ceases to pose a problem for you.
If you want kill him now, use little trick - find hellrift in area, where monsters is on approx five levels under your character level. Moloch will be, compared to you, much weaker.

"Drunked techsmith report" is part of a Winter holiday event, hellrifts are spawn randomly in some levels..
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2017; 10:10 AM by Kikina the templar »

lockestar

• Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2017; 10:49 AM »
Okay, I'll see what I find on the forums. Thank you!

Googling 'truncated techsmith report' only brings up a reddit board where I asked the question. That's what I meant

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2017; 08:27 PM »
Sa far as I can tell - and i HAD dozens of them - the report is only to let you know you are on that "kill <this> demon" or "<that> demon" quest.

(it starts in Holbern, I think, you get two there, "Al-han-rok" or WTF he's called" and "Spire" (or WTF))

I think it might be a little buggy as I have not seen many more "kill <this>" quests added(a few, but not many) and there seems to be no "final baddie to kill to get the big reward".

Still... it's all fun, blowing the shit out of demons..

I'd like to see more variety, Lovecraftian style, maybe.

Sorry to OT, but think on this:

Borderlands - multiple gun parts connected together with an algorithm to stop stupid things happening.

NOW imagine monsters made up of head parts and body parts and leg parts, randomly connected with something to stop "stupid results".

Seriously - by the time you get 1/2 way through... there's nothing new to see. It's just "blowing the shit" out of "same old, same old".

I DEEPLY love Hellgate - it's my ONE main game that is always on the hard drive, even as others come and go...  but it's not perfect, it can get boring...

((yes, the mods help with that - THANKS GUYS!!!)

lockestar

• Nameless
« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2017; 09:17 PM »
You are so right. And yes, the mods have added a great challenge and reward factor- still feels like easy mode with magic characters, but the Guardian playthrough has been awesome with these changes!