Author Topic: several game mechanics questions  (Read 347 times)

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
several game mechanics questions
« on: Mar 14, 2017; 03:14 PM »
  • "increase damage of swordsmanship skills" - Surges are Sowrdsmanship skills too. will they deal more damage too? if yes - on kills only or on every hit? since it seems like it consumes mana on kills only and, therefore, probably activates on kills only.
  • if i have more than 100% total on-kill nova effect chance on one weapon - will i be able to fire more than one nova on killing an enemy?
  • if i have more than 100% shield penetration - will i deal more damage to enemies? maybe to shielded enemies?
  • i've heard that in Multipalyer accuracy was affecting Flameshards and Venomous Spirit. does it also work in Singleplayer? are there any other hidden effects?
  • if a projectile can Retarget and Ricochet - can it switch between retargeting and ricocheting infinitely? or is it limited by the number of hits or by the distance it is allowed to travel?
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
Re: several game mechanics questions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2017; 04:40 PM »
1. It should be affecting Surges, yes. If their SP form only counts the killing blow as a use of the skills, then yes, it should only boost the damage of killing blows. Though I'm not quite sure how the game calculates that...

2. Since each on-kill chance is independent, technically you can't reach such numbers. But since they're independent, any number of novas can be triggered on an enemy's death.

3. Not as far as I know, no.

4. I wasn't aware of that, so I wouldn't know. All I know about Accuracy and MP as far as Cabals go is, Cabals had to stack up on it due to crit builds being the only viable way to deal damage.
I'll have to ask around about that.

5. As far as I remember, Rounds would only affect the initial projectile and not ones that had already retargetted or rebounded.
I'll also need to ask around about that, as it's actually quite a fair question.
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.