Author Topic: make white items as good as uniques?  (Read 60 times)

Iftik

• Nameless
make white items as good as uniques?
« on: Nov 14, 2017; 09:52 PM »
So after playing some hours of Hellgate again, I got this thought.

Assuming I have enough Paladium and "Luck" or simply Alt+F4 long enough, couldn't I create perfect gear using white weapons/armors?

The Nano Forge boosts its stats, and the Augmentrex can add desired properties.

But I have a question about the Augmentrex.
Do Items have a limit on properties, or do you have a limit for "Augmentrex properties"?
For example, does every item in Hellgate have a limit on properties, let's say 10, and I can get as many properties on a white as on an orange or yellow, or can I add, lets say 5 Augmentrex properties no matter how many properties an item already has?

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
Re: make white items as good as uniques?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2017; 10:46 PM »
The augmentrex has a limit of three, but that can be changed in game globals, but there's also the items table itself, which has a limit of 6, and the itemquality table which limits to 6. So that's the maximum.
So, if game globals was changed to 6, then white could get 6, but the others couldn't, since they already have two or more. The attribute that says what quality they are, uncommon, rare, or legendary, which also happens to increase the item level, is an affix itself.
So a green item has 2 affixes, so only one more can be added.
In other words, yes you could get a white item that is better than green or blue, probably legendary as well due to being able to choose all of the affixes, if the game globals hasn't been changed.
And then add to that the nanoforge to increase the level, and... well, I don't know much about the nanoforge, never used it more than a couple of times. the file I'm looking at says that the nanoforge can be performed 10 times, which would end up increasing the item level by 20.

It would be interesting to test this to see if white items could be better once maxing the affixes and levels with unmodified files.

Iftik

• Nameless
Re: make white items as good as uniques?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2017; 11:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply.
it explains a bit.
I wasn't focused on whites per se, rather had the thought about whites because they're clean of potentual wasted properties.