Author Topic: Issue...  (Read 135 times)

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
  • A life without insanity; isn't much of a life...
Issue...
« on: Nov 04, 2017; 04:58 PM »
Hey all,

Firstly nice to see HG-2038 up an running :) but can't stay away from singleplayer...

Incidentally, I have had to redo my pc up and reinstall revival, after doing so my evoker wont load up and crashes the game. All other classes work perfect.... she also loads before revival is installed....

https://imgur.com/rBkqfKs

Any help?
There comes a point in life, where all you can do ...... is be awesomely insane...

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
Re: Issue...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2017; 11:56 PM »
So... managed to get Evoker working on Revival, and to redo what I lost previously due to reinstall, I altered a few quests to how i had them when evoker worked before ....and poof, back to square one..... done ANOTHER reinstall and she just does not work again.....i knew she was a handful, but she doesn't want to come out and play anymore .... any help would be great, so i can go throw her at Sydonal as punishment....
There comes a point in life, where all you can do ...... is be awesomely insane...

Malachor

• Developer
  • Eldest
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2017; 01:24 AM »
The only reason I can think of that would cause this, is that you've forgotten to make a change that you did earlier.
Is it any evoker, or just the one already created?

This won't help your current problem, but I recommend either making a changelog, or backing up the changed files, so you don't lose them again.

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2017; 09:13 AM »
I have downloaded a few other evokes to try this out, even started a new but the same happens. The only thing I change is 5 quests to make them repeatable with a high monster count and different types than normal. Like I say, I did this before and it worked fine...no problems.... but now, each time I try the evoker, she says she isn't coming out to play....its confusing....

I can only alter quests for revival or errors appear, that's why I knew I could change them ..... unlike 'LL I could alter everything....

I have even  written down on a notebook all the changes I make, and nothing makes sense to why it stop one class working...
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2017; 09:19 AM by SaltedTequila »

SaltedTequila

• Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2017; 03:16 PM »
Ok after some tweaking about, I think I have fixed this ... I did another reinstall to make sure and nothing changed....

Incidentally I reverted back to Revival so that class would work, removed EVERY bit of gear, then shut down game and made the changes to the quest table, one at a time i checked once completed and packed.... she now works with all 5 quest changes and with he gear back on....

I think what breaks this is mythic items for some reason, as all classes I have dont have a single mythic, but she has several ... not sure if this is the reason, but hey ho, a little more work done and fixed the thing i broke that i fixed because it broke (or something like that)....