Author Topic: Hellgate London going to Steam in November, with Tokyo expansion  (Read 2389 times)

kumose

• Founder
  • Nameless
that thing was near useless even in multi play  >:(

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
The whole original game/campaign better be in the game or i will be not playing this.
You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

Thepunk007

• Nameless
Server announcement thingies = multiplayer confirmed! HGG is back baby!

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will
What server announcement? Source?

kumose

• Founder
  • Nameless
What server announcement? Source?

He's referring to the 'speaker' item Kikina posted, and I think it's meant to be a joke. :)
I'm also overreacting to things as the release is near

ralsar

• Nameless
It seems likely that the screenshot is just an old one from Hellgate: Global.  Can't see why you would need that item while offline.

ralsar

• Nameless

Seferoth

• Founder
  • Dark Will

Exportforce

• Founder
  • Nameless
    • Akuma Streaming Live !
I'm going to stream this in a few minutes so hard :D

ralsar

• Nameless
I played it a bunch last night.  It is exactly the game we were playing when the Hellgate: Global servers went down back in the day.  The only real difference is the cash shop is gone and everything is purchasable for palladium instead.  You can buy the cash shop stuff from merchants just like anything else.

If you miss Hellgate: Global then it is less than $10 for everything.  I mean might as well have it installed right?

It does use the same save folders as your Revival install though so you'll want to make adjustments there.  Loading up my revival characters into Hellgate: Global was interesting, but ultimately didn't work out.  You'll want them separate.

bladezx7

• Founder
  • Nameless
Can we somehow trick dx10 back into this version?

XHD

• Nameless
Been trying to get reanimator working with the new steam release but its throwing tons of errors and not uncooking most files. Hopefully someone more skilled with coding can get it working.

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
oooooh boy, now this is niteresting! all Global content in singlepalyer? *actual* singleplayer?! so now it is moddable?! i was expecting some things, but not this! really curious to see what modders can dig out of this release.

it may also kinda tear the modding comumnity apart (HGG content transfer kinda did that already, no?) since it's yet another version of the game and it probably won't be compatible with most mods that were created before.
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

Cyriel

• Founder
  • Nameless
So i saw this and i came running.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/939520/

- It is hellgate global, but single player.
- It launches without the tokyo expansion for stability reasons (news post, will be added later for free)
- It costs 8 bucks.
- It's on steam. This means it's not going anywhere, ever.
- It has MT's but feedback is positive.

This might be the only time they released a version of hellgate anything outside of revival that is going to persist forever.

Rift coil awareness day persists. I am completely blown away by this.

Here's the only thing i need to know
- Is it the ORIGINAL version of the techsmith 314 quest in chocolate park (read: exceptional dialogue) or is it the GLOBAL version with the censorship shenanigans.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2018; 04:04 AM by Cyriel »
Spectral Sniper rifles. Turning evil into dogfood through superior science ®

jhstolemycat

• Nameless
  • Professional Lurker
- It has MT's but feedback is positive.

Here's the only thing i need to know
- Is it the ORIGINAL version of the techsmith 314 quest in chocolate park (read: exceptional dialogue) or is it the GLOBAL version with the censorship shenanigans.

What do you mean by MT's?  I have the game and if you mean micro-transactions, it doesn't have any.  It does have the premium items like those resurrection things, but you buy those with Palladium.

As for 314, they replaced the oracle with a book, so it's not the same.  I laughed so hard when Lucious said that 314 was his friend.  Not so in OG Hellgate!