Author Topic: Energy Shield / Armor mechanic ? plz help  (Read 1056 times)

spiderthunder

• Nameless
Energy Shield / Armor mechanic ? plz help
« on: Feb 01, 2017; 09:19 PM »
hi guys ...

after hearing news about london 2038 i want to play GHL single player until the waiting ^^

i forgot how the energy shield works about damag
do armor reduce the damage while energy shield is active ? or is the damage first applied to the energy shield and when its shields are down the damage is reduced by armor ?
so as long as energy shield is NOT depletet is doesent matter how much armor i have ??
how does the mechanic works ???

thx for helping

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
Re: Energy Shield / Armor mechanic ? plz help
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2017; 11:17 PM »
Heya :)

In a nutshell:
-Shields are the first to go down. At this point,+shield overload will increase the damage dealt,while I know of no factors that may decrease it. If anyone knows that I'm wrong on this,please do correct me.
-Once they're down,health is reduced. It's at this point it's the armor value that reduces the amount of damage received.

The exception to this is the case of +shield penetration being factored in. In that case,and supposing there's,say,30% shield penetration,

-70% of the total damage is dealt to shields. If +shield overload is also present,it is factored in,based on that 70%.
-30% of the total damage is dealt directly to health. The armor value will then reduce that 30%.

So in numbers,assuming one has,say,100 base damage,30% penetration and 100% overload,while the target has 50% damage absorption from armor,
-70 damage should be dealt to shields per hit. 100% overload makes that 140 (70*2).
-30 damage should be dealt to health per hit. Armor provides 50% absorption,so that becomes 15 (30÷2).
-Once all shields are down,all base damage from more hits is dealt to health. So 100 base damage should be dealt to health,but absorption makes that 50 (100÷2).

I hope that clears it up :)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

spiderthunder

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2017; 03:22 PM »
thats the way i though and remember it should works ... thx for answering :-)

which mobs have shield penetration ability ???

Malachor

• Developer
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2017; 01:07 AM »
Be aware, if you aren't already, that some monsters have shield overload and will completely remove all of your shields.

Wolfilein

• Founder
  • Nameless
  • Rarwwww
    • TDE - The Dark Evolution - TDE
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2017; 11:43 PM »
The maximum value of shieldoverload mobs can have should be 100% in tc_v4. I global it was 300% or even more. So shield should be a lot more viable in London2038.
Wolfilein

InstantDeath - 55/50 - Crit-Markswoman