Author Topic: A few basic questions about items  (Read 600 times)

NukeDukem

• Nameless
A few basic questions about items
« on: May 04, 2020; 11:07 AM »
Hi guys,

i started playing Hellgate London with the Revival 1.5b Mod.

A possibly stupid question:
I am now at the end of Act 2 and have not yet found a ring or a pet / egg (I have read that pets can be created from these mysterious eggs).
Do rings drop from enemies or do I have to craft them?
Have I overlooked something?

One more thing i don't quite understand:

Can someone explain what the goggles slot is all about?

So far I have not found any goggles as equipment. For a certain quest I got (simple / poor) goggles and a container from the quest giver. If you "wear" the goggles, they appear in the helmet slot (goggles slot stays empty)?!

Wish you a nice evening.

Kikina the templar

• Named
Re: A few basic questions about items
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020; 12:55 PM »
I once discovered everything you describe here, too.That was the main reason why the unofficial Revival was created  :)

The original Revival remained in a largely unfinished state. For example, ring slots are functional, but there are no rings in game. Pet eggs are in game, but they only drop from bosses with a probability of about 2%. The google slot is unfunctional.
I recommend downloading Unofficial Revival v 4.2 - whole content of official revival is included, lots of errors has been fixed and much things were added.

NukeDukem

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020; 07:50 PM »
Oh - I was hoping that the Revival 1.5b Mod was a good choice. :(

Thank you for your clarifying answer.

Flagris

• Nameless
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2020; 07:54 PM »
I have some questions about items too, if you don't mind.

I play Revival 4.0 (not 4.2 just because I see no gameplay differences between these two versions).

1. I got a ring but it has no properties, and changes nothing. What rings are for?

2. Is there any use for candies, beer of whatever similar edible dreck dropped from mobs (safe for sporadical Nemo quests for collecting 5 gourds)? The same question is about zombie blood and similar stuff.

3. Is there any use of essence (demon, necro, etc)?

4. Can I rename my character?

Thanks in advance.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2020; 01:21 AM »
1. A ring without properties is used as a material to make better rings in a transmogrify cube. Unless it's called "Wollah's secret" - in that case it has properties, but secret.  ;D
2. All event things can be used for something. Candies for buffs, beer and zombie blood like ingredients for various recipes.
3. Essences are used as a material for various cube recipes - making rings, weapon mods...
4. No, its not possible.

I recommending read the complete patch notes included in Revival mod package - there are answers to many of your questions.

Flagris

• Nameless
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2020; 11:13 AM »
Thanks.

So I need to know recipes. But where would I know them from?

BTW, I did rename my character ;) By renaming two files (more precisely, one folder and one file) named by my character's name in Saves folder. I tested it, and everything works fine with renamed character, including dialogs, logs, menus and so on.

Kikina the templar

• Named
« Reply #6 on: Jun 09, 2020; 11:44 AM »
Rename character - It is interesting. I personally have never tried it, but several people have written to me that it does not work. Although they may have tried to overwrite the name inside the file. Maybe no one thought it would be that simple  :D

Complete recipe list - just like patch notes, it is part of the rar mod package