Author Topic: 'Show Some Skin' Armour Mods UPDATED 23/11/2009  (Read 26318 times)

NathanielKane

• Nameless
Re: 'Show Some Skin' Armour Mods UPDATED 23/11/2009
« Reply #60 on: Feb 22, 2010; 10:29 AM »
quick question:are all these armour models usable at the same time?
Its the Templar Avalon-Skin-Chainmail versions that have me wondering if they are usable together or overwrite the same files...

Thanks,and Good Lord keep up the fine work!

DokEnkephalin

• Nameless
« Reply #61 on: Apr 18, 2010; 11:39 PM »
The new gear looks awesome, but there are some problems with the skins. I think it's due to incompatibility with tessmage's patch (hey, if you're going to show some skin, might as well show it all) but even after reinstalling clean there seem to be some texture distortions on arms and legs.

Berit

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #62 on: Apr 18, 2010; 11:45 PM »
Quote from: "DokEnkephalin"
The new gear looks awesome, but there are some problems with the skins. I think it's due to incompatibility with tessmage's patch (hey, if you're going to show some skin, might as well show it all) but even after reinstalling clean there seem to be some texture distortions on arms and legs.

Are you using DX9 or DX10? I only use DX10 and some of the modifications do not show when you use DX9
Aut viam inveniam aut ipse viam faciam.

DokEnkephalin

• Nameless
« Reply #63 on: Apr 18, 2010; 11:57 PM »
I'm using DX9, which could be the problem; that's not supported by the 3.0 version of tessmage's patch.

Berit

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #64 on: Apr 19, 2010; 12:38 AM »
Quote from: "DokEnkephalin"
I'm using DX9, which could be the problem; that's not supported by the 3.0 version of tessmage's patch.

Yeah, I think it has something to do with the .dds files and more importantly the '***_normal' files, as they are a Direct X (DXT) compression file, they don't work properly in DX9 mode so the game must fall back on the 'low' version and hence the 'lumpy' or distorted results ... as for my mods being compatible with Tess's patch, you shouldn't have any problems with that, as Tess's mod replaces the female 'body' (underwear > nude) or un-armored textures, where as mine change the various armor's themselves

DokEnkephalin

• Nameless
« Reply #65 on: Apr 22, 2010; 02:42 PM »
The problem only appears in light, and disappears when I drop down from Very High quality shaders, so it's probably the specular.

Unfortunately I can't ask tessmage, because I got banned for being a 'Suspected Spammer!' Wtf? I didn't even post, I just browsed Hellgate screenshots for about 15 mins. Is that bitch paranoid or something?

Berit

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #66 on: Apr 22, 2010; 02:57 PM »
Hmmm ... I don't use Tess's patch, however the specular maps can be a problem ... you can create some great effects, but if you don't mod it very carefully you can really f***up the whole thing

lysdexic

• Nameless
« Reply #67 on: Jun 29, 2010; 08:11 PM »
I would just like to request more of these, please!   :)

Editing to ask about the missing armor.

Let me explain.  I have used these mods for some time, since they were originally put up on the old forum.  I recently lost the old files thanks to a virus, so I just downloaded and installed the mod pack with the new isntaller.  Most of my chars are the same, but I have one Blademaster who used to show a lot of skin and now is showing no skin at all.  I am just wondering if anyone still has the other file around somewhere.

boars

• Nameless
« Reply #68 on: Sep 30, 2010; 12:56 PM »
Having a bit of an issue downloading these? Really keen to try my hand at skinning some armour... but all of these are corrupt for me? Heck even the preview pictures aren't loading.  :?

Edit: was trying the single skin packs... next up multi-pack installer instead.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #69 on: Sep 30, 2010; 01:20 PM »
Since changing servers many files were indeed corrupted...
I do believe I have the files somewhere,gonna check and replace them if I do. :)
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Bryan

• Tactical Happenstance
  • Administrator
  • Great Eye / First
« Reply #70 on: Sep 30, 2010; 01:40 PM »
Found them.

[attachment=0:2j3lx6um]Show some skin armour mods.rar[/attachment:2j3lx6um]

If something's amiss feel free to tell me.

Edit: So,has anyone tried these out yet?
"Dream big and crash often"
-Omerta

List of Global class guides.
The above guides may be obsolete for vanilla SP, but they may still hold true to an extent for some mods and 2038.

Omikron

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #71 on: Oct 13, 2010; 11:18 PM »
Just tried it out, they work just fine and look quite nice!
Cheers for the very nice work Berit!

lysdexic

• Nameless
« Reply #72 on: Mar 10, 2011; 05:17 AM »
Is there any chance that anyone is working on adding more skin to the remaining armors in the game?

Sumerisle

• Nameless
« Reply #73 on: Apr 19, 2016; 09:51 PM »
I installed them with hellgateaus launcher ,it said successfully installed, but I don't see any change in the game and armors.what is wrong?

zodsworld

• Nameless
« Reply #74 on: Aug 16, 2016; 02:41 AM »
Tried the file Bryan linked but the Revival launcher didn't recognize it. So it dawned on me first it's a rar not a mod.zip and when i opened them up individually not all of them have sub folder directories. Only the glowing one has a sub folder setup, but with these not being .mod.zip and just zips. Sort of led to believe this wasn't meant to just install right in as is. Without an idea of the directory setup bit at a loss how to make them function or into an actual mod format.

Anyone still pop on that has an idea how these should be setup from the current linked file just up above a few posts ago?