Author Topic: 'Show Some Skin' Armour Mods UPDATED 23/11/2009  (Read 25681 times)

dawe1313

• Founder
  • Named
Re: 'Show Some Skin' Armour Mods !!! UPDATED!!!
« Reply #30 on: Sep 28, 2009; 07:58 AM »

hglzap recognized and zapped the files this time. now i just have to see if they show up in game...

----------------
Now playing: Metallica - Broken, Beat & Scarred
via FoxyTunes
Unpatched Techsmith 314 Templar Greeting: "Just go ahead and holster all that aura s**t, please."

Shi

• Nameless
« Reply #31 on: Nov 08, 2009; 07:35 PM »
I like your Work, but i have a Question.

How can i put this in a mod.zip for the Patch 1.0.1 ? ^^

Razor

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #32 on: Nov 08, 2009; 09:36 PM »
I will make 1.0.1 compatible files tomorrow, i'll also redo some work on that, as most contains a hell of mistakes i want to correct.

Shi

• Nameless
« Reply #33 on: Nov 11, 2009; 03:54 PM »
Something new here ? ^^

Archinemnon

• Nameless
« Reply #34 on: Nov 11, 2009; 05:57 PM »
Greatly looking forward to a mod.zip package for easy installation and removal.

These skins look great!

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #35 on: Nov 22, 2009; 03:24 AM »
This would be cool to release as a .mod.zip huh ;) Need any help with that Berit?
Don't dream what to be; be what you always dreamed.

OldEd

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #36 on: Nov 22, 2009; 10:56 AM »
Wow I need a drink after installing the Templar and Hunter skins. Installed ok now to see if I have the armor. Upadate later.
Update the armor didn't show on the Blademaster or Hunter. Do we need to be a certain lvl or need a special type armor for this to work?

Berit

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #37 on: Nov 22, 2009; 11:21 PM »
Quote from: "maeyan"
This would be cool to release as a .mod.zip huh ;) Need any help with that Berit?
I wouldn't mind actually, I tried creating a mod.zip package but I somehow buggered up the internal code in the ini fle and It didn't work  ... I do also have a modified version of the Female Templar Apprentice Armour too, which I'll add shortly ... It looks pretty mixed and matched with some of the 'Arcane' range of armour pieces ...

Quote from: "OldEd"
Wow I need a drink after installing the Templar and Hunter skins. Installed ok now to see if I have the armor. Upadate later.
Update the armor didn't show on the Blademaster or Hunter. Do we need to be a certain lvl or need a special type armor for this to work?
From what I can tell (on my machine at least) These files only show up properly when I run the game in DX10 mode ... It seems to use the 'low' versions of some of the texture files when I run the game in DX9
Aut viam inveniam aut ipse viam faciam.

Razor

• Founder
  • Nameless
Re: 'Show Some Skin' Armour Mods UPDATED 23/11/2009
« Reply #38 on: Nov 23, 2009; 05:53 PM »
Link

Feel free to edit Berit  :)

Berit

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #39 on: Nov 23, 2009; 09:29 PM »
Phew ... That's a big file  :D  ...THANKS MUCHLY Razor ... really appreciate the help with that ... I'll put a second link to this file in my OP if you don't mind?

Razor

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #40 on: Nov 23, 2009; 09:35 PM »
It's you work, what should i mind :D
Btw, it is only hosted on another server, as it seems to be to big for a forum upload. Are there any restrictions for the filesize or does it just not work because of connection problems or similar?

Berit

• Founder
  • Dark Will
« Reply #41 on: Nov 23, 2009; 09:44 PM »
OK ... Again, THANKYOU ... I think maybe my mistake was I didn't put the files in there correct directory paths, I 'thought' I had them correct when I tried to create a mod package, but I guess not ... There is a file size limit for the forums too BTW, not sure what it is though ... I wouldn't try uploading a file that size with MY worthless internet connection, but maybe if we ask Maeyan nicely he might be able to do it for us ... 'pwitty pwease' :mrgreen:

maeyan

• Loves Hellgate
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
« Reply #42 on: Nov 23, 2009; 10:53 PM »
Quote from: "Razor"
It's you work, what should i mind :D
Btw, it is only hosted on another server, as it seems to be to big for a forum upload. Are there any restrictions for the filesize or does it just not work because of connection problems or similar?
PHP isn't good at uploading files much bigger than 2-5mb. I have increased the cap before but the connections just often timeout and return blank pages.
Don't dream what to be; be what you always dreamed.

belhawk

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #43 on: Dec 29, 2009; 04:42 AM »
just installed your mod and got this error message:
Detected CONFLICTING file "dataunitsplayerstemplartemplar_female_3ptech_heavytf_tech_heavy.wm"!
Mod installation FAILURE, reason code 6
&
WARNING: file "dataunitsplayerstemplartemplar_female_3ptech_heavytf_tech_light_selfillum.dds" not referenced in any .IDX - please check the filename/location!
Files copied successfully - saving .IDX changes.
Mod installation successful. :D

what did i do wrong?
cpu]

dawe1313

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #44 on: Dec 29, 2009; 07:30 AM »
1st - make sure the launcher mod installer is in expert mode. Options->Program Settings, put a check in the Expert Mode box and hit "OK"

Quote from: "belhawk"
WARNING: file "dataunitsplayerstemplartemplar_female_3ptech_heavytf_tech_light_selfillum.dds" not referenced in any .IDX - please check the filename/location!
Files copied successfully - saving .IDX changes.
Mod installation successful. :D

2nd - this means that sometime in the past that particular file's entry has already been removed from the .IDX files. probably you installed an earlier version. a file's entry only can be removed from the .IDX files once.

if it bothers you, you could revert/uninstall, then reinstall all your mods from scratch, using the launcher. that's quicker than doing a total clean install of HG:L.

if you don't have them already, it might not be a bad idea to do a clean install, and do a backup of all the .IDX files. with a "clean" set of .IDX files restoring HG:L is a simple 3 step process:

• delete the data_common folder from your HG:L directory
  • delete any subfolders from the Data folder in your HG:L directory
  • restore your "clean" .IDX files into the Data folder

takes about 2 minutes to go from a heavily modded HG:L to a clean install that way. useful for when you've been trying different mods and are not sure what all has been changed.

hope this helps
Unpatched Techsmith 314 Templar Greeting: "Just go ahead and holster all that aura s**t, please."