Author Topic: Hellgate: Resurrection - 10/21-11/04 Patch; X-Trap Alert!  (Read 4113 times)

thegreatcthulhu

• Great Priest of the Deep Ones
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
    • http://www.sotwguild.com/
Base Defense Changes

- Dead monster bodies will disappear faster during base defense. This change was made to reduce lag.

- The red coloration on certain base enchantments was removed due to lag symptoms.  

- Base life bars have been given different colors to help differentiate them from one another:

* Eastern Base: Yellow
 * Western Base: Red
 * Southern Base: Green
 * Northern Base: Blue

- Base defense bosses will now have a chance to drop the following set items. Please note that they will only drop on Nightmare and Hell mode.

* Shoulder armor (6 different kinds, one for each class)
  * Chest armor (6 different kinds, one for each class)
  * Belt armor (6 different kinds, one for each class)

- The base defense clear reward chest that appears at the end of a successful match will contain slightly less palladium than before.

Chat System Upgrades

- Chat macros can now be set-up for quick and easy, pre-programmed text.

How to Set-Up and Use Chat Macros

1. Type /n or /macro in the chat box
2. A separate chat window will open. It will ask you for 5 different macros that you wish to set-up.
3. Each macro will be assigned to the following key shortcuts:
    * Shift+1
    * Shift+2
    * Shift+3
    * Shift+4
    * Shift+5
4. Whenever you press the corresponding shortcut, the text you entered previously will be automatically be put into the chat filter you are currently using (I.E. Chat, Party, Guild, etc.)

Notes on Macro Usage

- Global chat spam cone text entry can only use macros Shift+4 and Shift+5
- You can change the macro shortcut keys underneath the keyboard setup within the configuration menu.

Other Changes / Additions

- The "Dungeon Master" NPC has been removed from Greenwich Command Center
- Stonehenge now has its own unique loading screen
- Costume icon images on the equipment menu have been modified slightly. This was done so that they better match the scheme of the other icons used on the equipment menu.

Bug Fixes

- Costume item rewards for Flashback Quests were not appearing. This has been fixed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Note: Addition of X-Trap Security

Disclaimer: Some of this is based off of a forum post made by the Hellgate: Resurrection GM. The trouble shooting tips are taken from other websites for games that use X-Trap

- It has been a difficult decision, but we have decided to deploy additional security to the game in order to stop people from cheating.

- The additional security measure employed is the addition of the "X-Trap" security software. It will be downloaded and installed in the Hellgate Resurrection root directory when you download the latest patch.

- X-Trap is similar to other security soft wares such as Punk Buster and GameGuard. It will launch simultanious with Hellgate when you initilaize Hellgate from the Hellgate: Resurrection website.

- While Hellgate is running, X-Trap will scan the windows environment for the following abnormalities:

* Temperament with game files
 * 3rd party programs running in the background that are on X-Trap's black list
 * Temperament with the game program itself (I.E. Packet modification or hex editing)

- If X-Trap detects any of the above, it will close Hellgate and give the user (you) an error code.

- If for some reason you feel that X-Trap is making a mistake by closing Hellgate, please take the following steps:

1. Make sure your anti-virus or internet security program is not interfering with Hellgate by scanning or modifying its files.
2. Check to see if you have any macro programs currently running for keyboard or mice.
3. Also check to see if you have any multimedia software currently running
4. Make sure you do not have any file sharing/Torrent programs running in the background.

- If any of the following are found to be running, we suggest you close the program. We also recommend you copy the error code X-Trap gave you and submit a report on our website. We will do our best to modify X-Trap's blacklist to accommodate our users. But please be aware that these types of changes take time, and thus we cannot promise that all game peripheral software and/or multimedia software will be accounted.

- Also, if none of the aforementioned fit your case, please do the following:
* Check to see if you have any other 3rd party software currently running in the background (use the task manager, ALT+CTRL+DELETE, etc.)
* Scan your computer for viruses and/or malicious software

- Again, we apologize in advance for having to resort to using a separate security software, but unfortunately, cheating has become more rampant with Hellgate. We have chosen to do this to protect not only the game, but you, the players.
Not to us, Lord, but to Your Name give the glory
    - The Templar Motto

Teach me, empower me, purify me, release me
      - The Templar Prayer

zart

• Founder
  • Dark Will
    • http://www.venoma.net
Re: Hellgate: Resurrection - 10/21-11/04 Patch; X-Trap Alert
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2010; 09:44 AM »
X-trap sounds scary, I hope this doesn't kill my buzz.
SquidlordBetty - Evoker Interruptus - 51/8
BunnyHuntress - Saw Drone Engi - 55/3
OneEyedTracy - BM - 41
HellenaHanbasket - Elemental Summoner - 51/2
SistrBubbles - Guardian - 40

Let's go bum tugging!

Harrowing

• Developer
  • Dark Will
  • IGN's *Harrowing *Sylphien *Garock
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2010; 09:29 PM »
Not Really If you've ever played any blizzard game post Diablo release there was something akin to it running.

If you've ever played any online mode you would know that packet replacement is a BIG security deal for the servers (espcially ones that provide a product for a fee//payment).
The absence of energy is Absolute Zero

thegreatcthulhu

• Great Priest of the Deep Ones
  • Administrator
  • Eldest
    • http://www.sotwguild.com/
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2010; 04:17 AM »
Quote from: "Harrowing"
Not Really If you've ever played any blizzard game post Diablo release there was something akin to it running.

If you've ever played any online mode you would know that packet replacement is a BIG security deal for the servers (espcially ones that provide a product for a fee//payment).

Hellgate by itself had very little security, I might add. General hex editing the game while playing it in multi-player can open up all sorts of cheats since the game has so much data sitting client side.

But yeah, packet editing's another pain Hanbitsoft has run into. Lots of people have been making hacked items ala D2.
Not to us, Lord, but to Your Name give the glory
    - The Templar Motto

Teach me, empower me, purify me, release me
      - The Templar Prayer

Zethon

• Nameless
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2010; 04:27 PM »
Chat macros? Surely that means the many spammers out there can save 'valuable' time needed to create their own macro software that can out-manoeuver X-Trap. Maybe I'm being a little cynical..

Anyway, ima go get ready  [smilie=butcher.gif]

Oh, does X-Trap act like PB? As I've found I have to reinstall it every now and then due to bugs that stop packet-flow and other such fanciful jollities...

Zethon  :D
"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others." [size=85]-Winston Churchill[/size]

hukhuk

• Founder
  • Eldest
  • lowfive
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2010; 06:44 PM »
slightly OT, but...
when was the last time you watched south park cthulhu?
might want to watch the last three episodes.