Author Topic: Why dont you play???  (Read 8810 times)

Angel

• Founder
  • Named
Re: Why dont you play???
« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2011; 01:07 PM »
LJ and I are also working on alts.  I miss you guys!  We are usually in chat-1 though :)
"Never give a sword to a man that can't dance." ~Confucious

DesperadoJay

• Nameless
« Reply #16 on: Aug 30, 2011; 09:21 PM »

I'm in agreement with the German community.
I will continue to play til SWTOR comes out  in November.

I think the real problem for organizing parties is not the guild but the lack of a third party voice chat solution.
There have been threads about skype, vent, and mumble but Revival has never settled on an official method of player communication.
I have played MMO's since the very beginning and it's not guild structure but rather guild chat that holds a guild together...
Sleep is for the Weak!

ElectricMessiah

• Nameless
Lost London and Revival is why...
« Reply #17 on: Sep 04, 2011; 06:19 PM »
I have to thank the devs of Revival and Lost London for this... :D

I quit & uninstalled HGG about a month ago for mostly 2 reasons.

1.  I'd get freeze lag.

2.  It is boring.  Yep... Combat simply plays to slow for me.

I'm a big fan of Revival and Lost London.  Those mods have lots of action and combat is intense compared to HGG.

MP is great, but I find myself soloing a lot.  I stopped to think.. If I were to purchase all the shop items (current or future) that make HGG less tedious, would the gameplay be as fast/fun as Lost London or Revival?  My answer was a quick "No."

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #18 on: Sep 30, 2011; 03:02 PM »
and once again: WHERE'S EVERYONE?!?!?! I'm playing from 15 to 23 +2 GMT and ususally see 3-8 guildmates online, but in a last few weeks I have seen only max 3 men online once, usually just 1-2 n me  ::) ::) ::)
in case of panic break the glass, exit through the window.

thumper

« Reply #19 on: Sep 30, 2011; 11:41 PM »
and once again: WHERE'S EVERYONE?!?!?! I'm playing from 15 to 23 +2 GMT and ususally see 3-8 guildmates online, but in a last few weeks I have seen only max 3 men online once, usually just 1-2 n me  ::) ::) ::)

It's pretty spooky on there sometimes. Last night at around 11pm CST there was only about 8-9 parties listed and not a lot of people to be seen.

Firvagor

• Wiki Dude
  • Administrator
  • Named
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #20 on: Sep 30, 2011; 11:53 PM »
I only grab the daily hearts on weekdays (later in the night EST), so you won't see me online much then. I usually see about 3-4 of the same people online during that time, with a decent amount of parties.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Kami0

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #21 on: Sep 30, 2011; 11:56 PM »
I stopped playing HGG since about 2 weeks ago.
Whatever they did and do, it started to be boring.

Instead, i finished W40k - space marine  ::)
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2011; 12:07 AM by Kami0 »
Kami.Naught, Kaminaught

London 2038:
Corneille, Corvelias, Chevaliere, Brakhion, Grenadine, Epervier, Miles

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #22 on: Oct 01, 2011; 12:11 AM »
atleast, i can see some alive people here on the rorums  :) :) :)

belhawk

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #23 on: Oct 01, 2011; 08:14 PM »
i like the game thru Stonehenge, but not closed station and parliament with their bosses.  It just became a grindfest.  U should be able to kill any boss in normal, and u can't after Stonehenge.  Also, the feed requirements for equipment and weapons are way too high and there is no attributes to select in expertise.
THe game now is designed for Hardcore players and not the casual gamer like me.
cpu]

django

• Founder
  • Nameless
  • Say hello to my little friend!
« Reply #24 on: Oct 01, 2011; 09:53 PM »
Im still alive, too. But played my alt toons now. Comanche is my Engineer and Sanchi my new Evo.

@belhawk: you gain 5 attribute points per rank, this is different now.
Pistolero MM 55/27 (Mongo Klikke)
Comanche ENG 50/9 (Mongo Klikke)
Sanchi EVO 55/24 (Mongo Klikke)

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #25 on: Oct 01, 2011; 10:20 PM »
oh, one note from myself: i'm bored with my striker engi n quit playing once again ;D :( :o
yep, it happens too often. i think i'll return some time later. maybe. 8)

Drai

• Founder
  • Named
« Reply #26 on: Oct 02, 2011; 01:27 AM »
I only have so much time to play with work and everything.
So for the computer I had AOC and TF2 eating up all my game time because they're pretty much bug free, not laggy and enjoyable. Also , I just got a Playstation 3 so I've been playing the shit out of Splatterhouse.

Also when I log in, I get Lag and the most annoying language filter ever, also Pal spam and chattards. Also there's every bug from the flagship days , and a few more for good measure. Add the random fucking up during Mod removal/ nano-forging and I have trouble wanting to put any time in.
http]
BM to do list]

"If you can't dazel 'em with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit" - My grampa's old coffee mug.

RedChaos

• SpamBot
  • Founder
  • Named
« Reply #27 on: Oct 02, 2011; 11:16 AM »
Also when I log in, I get Lag and the most annoying language filter ever, also Pal spam and chattards. Also there's every bug from the flagship days , and a few more for good measure. Add the random fucking up during Mod removal/ nano-forging and I have trouble wanting to put any time in.

The first bolded part annoys me. The second is me.

I am not really a very hardcore player. I haven't even beaten shulgoth yet on this set of characters. Deleted the other ones , I thought they were flawed.

Sitting on two names though DOA (blademaster , right now) and ETD (summoner right now). Couldn't believe they were still available. Now doing my best to keep them.

Violet-n-Red

• Founder
  • Named
  • [~]player.kill[Enter]
« Reply #28 on: Oct 02, 2011; 06:16 PM »
i just realised that HG is third game after Morr n Oblivion which i can't quit play :o :o :o
all of them are quite entertaining and makes me play more and more until i... well.. i don't know. i just get bored with current character. then i leave, live in human world for some time, doing usual and not very usual things, and then remembering about those games. something pops up about them, making me to start everything from begining. i just don't know how it works. but i'm sure i'll return to HGL at least once more and to HGG few times too. those games are truly unique to be forgotten. :-* :-* :-*

EngBob

• Founder
  • Nameless
« Reply #29 on: Oct 03, 2011; 02:39 AM »
I know it's been a long time since you've seen Vergil or myself online.  We started to play Rift for a while.  Now that Tokyo is live, you may see him and I both around some.

We where actually surprised that we didn't get g-kicked for non-activity.  I can speak for him, but I'll try to be on once in a while when I can.

Catch all of you on the battlefield.