Author Topic: Saved characters disappearing  (Read 1714 times)

jcthom222

• Nameless
Saved characters disappearing
« on: Aug 11, 2016; 05:58 AM »
Hi All,
I've run into an issue where  characters I've leveled up to various levels from 6 - 30 disappear from the character selection screen OR the character is there but it has a date/time after the name. If it has the date/time after the name, it is an older save so any levels I had earned are gone. If I use that character and level it up, those levels don't save.
I can find all my characters under the single player folder and can double click them to play them, but any progress made isn't saved. This has happened with plain Hellgate, Hellgate revival, and Hellgate Lost London V. I haven't hacked the game or used anything to cheat outside of what came with the mods mentioned above. 

Please help as I would love to level up these characteres and complete the game.

Thank you

Morphy

• Named
Re: Saved characters disappearing
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11, 2016; 04:04 PM »
Curious - I haven't experienced anything like that.

I can only offer generic suggestions:

A] Corrupted save file = out of luck, sorry.

B] bad sectors on hard drive - do a chkdsk /x and reboot when it asks. (also it means out of luck, the save file is corrupted f that sector is dying)

C] Has something (even just windows, it does it occasionally!) set them to read only (or changed ownership of them)?  Check to make sure the right-click and properties doesn't have the read only box ticked.

I've done all sorts of things with HG, mods and swapping things between characters, running a Revival character in Nagahaku, etc.... and nothing like this has happened. (yet!)

Itsjustme

• Nameless
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2016; 08:59 AM »
Then i must ask u morphy, If u know, is it possible to swap items in lost London?

s315t700

• Nameless
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2016; 02:27 AM »
That happened to me a few times and i fixed problem by reinstalling SP Mod. Does anybody know when they will be done Beta testing new version of Hellgate Global? I know there is a waiting list for request of invite but was wondering if the game will go public soon so i can play the Tokyo expansion again. I can't even get a Hu's Hypershot or a Corpse Mountain in the Nagahaku or LL5 versions!

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2016; 09:55 PM »
Then i must ask u morphy, If u know, is it possible to swap items in lost London?

I find item swapping to be incredibly hit-and-miss.

You need the basics - no weapons on the character (inventory is OK but not hands) and the items you want swapped in the cube.

You also need characters from the same mod, maybe even the same version of the mod.

I've tried it about a dozen or more times and only had about 3 successful swaps.

But then, if it doesn't work, you know it - the program won't load one character or the other for the swap.

And then there's the successful swap but nothing happens - all the loading works, the swap works, the save works... but you open the character in Hg and there's nothing in the cube..

All I can suggest is - backup both characters and give it a try - anything odd happens, restore the chars and say "bugger".