Author Topic: mmbbq 3.0.3.3alpha9  (Read 43310 times)

Morphy

• Named
Re: mmbbq 3.0.3.2
« Reply #75 on: Jan 07, 2016; 05:33 PM »
Does this work on normal HG?

I get "hide_thread: Could not open thread with id 0" error.

SchummelBaron

• Nameless
« Reply #76 on: Jan 07, 2016; 06:04 PM »

I do have the normal version of Hellgate: Global, the one without cash shop. I am still running Windows Vista and cannot say how the newer Windows versions will respond to it (I still love my Linux too much). Nor have I changed anything about the starting part. So if any of the other versions were running for you before, then this one should be no different.

There is a description in the Maunal.pdf file that explains how to start it.

If you mean by "normal HG" the original Hellgate: London single-player game then I highly doubt it will work and I have never tried it.
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2016; 06:13 PM by SchummelBaron »

Morphy

• Named
« Reply #77 on: Jan 07, 2016; 06:18 PM »

I do have the normal version of Hellgate: Global, the one without cash shop. I am still running Windows Vista and cannot say how the newer Windows versions will respond to it (I still love my Linux too much). Nor have I changed anything about the starting part. So if any of the other versions were running for you before, then this one should be no different.

There is a description in the Maunal.pdf file that explains how to start it.

If you mean by "normal HG" the original Hellgate: London single-player game then I highly doubt it will work and I have never tried it.

That bold is probably why I'm getting the error... no worries, it was a long shot anyway, right!?

*grins*

SchummelBaron

• Nameless
« Reply #78 on: Jan 12, 2016; 07:45 AM »
Another short update, mmbbq_3.0.3.3alpha9:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0e3t261wtfh6hq/mmbbq_3.0.3.3alpha9.zip?dl=0

Still needs more work, but it is better this way, because everyone expects the servers to close at any moment's notice. I know I do.

Brief summary of what is new so far:

/pet - A command for all the pets. "/pet ?" will give you all the info you need.
/cheat - A command for many of the cheats that are going around. Enter "/cheat ?" and you will get a list of all the options and do not need to remember any of the code numbers. You will probably want to know these:

"/cheat buf" for the 30d buf with +30 AA and the shared stash and inventories
"/cheat caps" for the 8h capsules
"/cheat ainit" for an attribute retrainer
"/cheat apre" for advanced preservers

/cheatset - a bit more complex of a command and it is used for producing lots of set items, selecting only the best ones out of a series, and then to augment them in bulk. I'll explain this in length with examples at a later time.

/lbs - a command for sending automatic invites to another player once they have left the party. It is for the LBS trick, hence the command name. A short example of how to use it:

Joe is the runner, Sue is the party leader. Sue makes a public party, with or without password does not matter. Joe enters "/lbs accept" and Sue enters "/lbs invite joe". Now whenever Joe leaves the party and then disappears will he get party invitations for 10s. Joe will, once he arrives at London Bridge Station, automatically accept the invitation.
This reduces the procedure for the runner and also avoids the password field, because it uses the in-game commands /invite and /accept. No more "knots" in one's fingers after running LBS for the 50th times. Timings can be adjusted with the "wait" and the "duration" option. "/lbs ?" gives a brief description.

Other stuff: the Nanoforge message filter is still only implemented in a primitive form. AutoLooter can now bypass items by rating (same ratings as used at NPCs at Parl. Sq., range is 0.0-20.0), but the ratings need to be extended onto shoulders still and helmets (+1 to skills especially). "/find" now includes the three warp cheats for the GM area, cow level and Greenwich HQ.

Edit:
alpha9: the synonym "/cheat caps" for "/cheat capsule" wasn't recognized
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2016; 01:15 AM by SchummelBaron »

Lodestone

• Nameless
Re: mmbbq 3.0.3.3alpha9
« Reply #79 on: Jan 13, 2016; 09:31 PM »
I just wanted to say thanks SchummelBaron. I did get a chance to use this before the final shutdown and it allowed me to see what it was like to have the cash shop access (well, and a load of cash) for a few hours. I hadn't played in a long while and had missed the opportunity to use the actual one. It makes me think the game had a greater potential but they buried it behind a pay wall. But I did get to see it a bit.

SchummelBaron

• Nameless
« Reply #80 on: Jan 13, 2016; 11:27 PM »
I just wanted to say thanks SchummelBaron. I did get a chance to use this before the final shutdown and it allowed me to see what it was like to have the cash shop access (well, and a load of cash) for a few hours. I hadn't played in a long while and had missed the opportunity to use the actual one. It makes me think the game had a greater potential but they buried it behind a pay wall. But I did get to see it a bit.
Well, thank you. I did however not discover those cheats. I merely accumulated them and made them available to anyone who wanted to use them. Somebody else actually discovered the codes for the cash shop items and lucky boxes. They were easy to find, easier than I had expected, and I never actually looked for them and was happy with the few things I got myself occasionally, and sparsely, from the cash shop.

My take-away from the cheats is that the game was designed for a much larger community with a working economy and where all items from almost any quality are available through the market. The randomness of loot drops was too strong and/or the rarity of really good items was too extreme. Even with the cheats could one not reach an ultimate perfect set up. Some useless skill or attribute always crept onto an item and countered the useful ones. Imagine trying to get a good cannonade from Conrad without cheats. Even with them did it take days and weeks of scanning to just get one really good one. Not to mention several obvious imbalances like the set gear for engineers, which almost everyone avoided. Most of the loot, which are meant to reward the player for playing the game, was trash - an endless of ocean of items that needed to be dismantled.

picknicker

• Nameless
Re: mmbbq 3.0.2.x
« Reply #81 on: Jan 18, 2016; 04:29 PM »
Actually the server is still around, it's just that the domain duschkumpane.org wasn't renewed and has expired.

For the time being, you can still explore the site at http://mmbbq.h4ck.me/, but be aware that you might have to manually change any link references to duschkumpane.org accordingly - e.g. the mmbbq page is here, the luadoc documentation is at http://mmbbq.h4ck.me/mmbbq/luadoc/, etc.
Hiho!

I'm desperately looking for a mmbbq API and it seems like http://mmbbq.h4ck.me/ is now down as well.
Do you guys know where I can find documentation on this wonderful piece of Software?

thanks!

NiteHawk

• Administrator
  • Dark Will
  • Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #82 on: Jan 18, 2016; 05:39 PM »
Hi picknicker!

Hiho!

I'm desperately looking for a mmbbq API and it seems like http://mmbbq.h4ck.me/ is now down as well.
Do you guys know where I can find documentation on this wonderful piece of Software?

thanks!

The URLs are in fact no longer available. The existing documentation is still around as part of the "SDK" zip files, contained in the subdirectory "luadoc/". See the attachments here for the 3.0.x line (mmBBQ 3.0.3), or peek at the 3.1.0_RC1 version of the files I'll provide here once more.

Regards, NiteHawk
"'Chocolate Park' sounds... suspiciously cute."

picknicker

• Nameless
« Reply #83 on: Jan 18, 2016; 11:29 PM »
Hi picknicker!

Hiho!

thanks!

The URLs are in fact no longer available. The existing documentation is still around as part of the "SDK" zip files, contained in the subdirectory "luadoc/". See the attachments here for the 3.0.x line (mmBBQ 3.0.3), or peek at the 3.1.0_RC1 version of the files I'll provide here once more.

Regards, NiteHawk

Thanks a bunch, I could have figured the SDK contains the API as well.

Greets,
Picknicker

pacale75

• Nameless
Please upload 3.1.0RC1
« Reply #84 on: Feb 05, 2016; 09:39 AM »
Hi NiteHawk,

Please upload mmBBQ 3.1.0RC1 here together with the SDK file.

I'd like to upload this valuable and unique piece of software to a site where mmBBQ already has its own page, it's at http://www.woodmannsfortress.com/collaborative/tools/index.php/MmBBQ

The last version uploaded there is 3.0.2. I'd like to preserve 3.1.0RC1 there too, because that site is a stable repository for such tools, so the latest "official" mmBBQ version would also get its new stable home (sort of).

I've already linked to this forum post from that page, and I have also managed to bring the Duschkumpane mmBBQ site back to life with the help of the fantastic web archiving service called web.archive.org. It's very good at keeping archived copies of sites that have gone offline. In this case however web.archive.org didn't archive the downloads themselves for some weird reason, it usually does. That is why I couldn't salvage mmBBQ 3.1.0RC1 this way, that's why I ask the upload.

Thanks much, best regards

Pacale75

NiteHawk

• Administrator
  • Dark Will
  • Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #85 on: Feb 05, 2016; 11:12 AM »
Hi Pascale75!

Please retrieve the desired files from the attachments just a few posts above.

Regards, NiteHawk

pacale75

• Nameless
Re: Please upload mmBBQ 3.1.0RC1
« Reply #86 on: Feb 05, 2016; 04:13 PM »
Hi NiteHawk,

I've carefully browsed the attachments before asking, and I don't see any 3.1.0RC1 attached, just 3.0.2.x and 3.0.3.x files. The links posted above regarding 3.1.0RC1 were pointing to mmbbq.h4ck.me, which is no more, and web.archive.org doesn't have any archived copy of it either.

So 3.1.0RC1 is totally unavailable now, that's why I ask the upload.

Thanks much, best regards

Pacale75

NiteHawk

• Administrator
  • Dark Will
  • Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #87 on: Feb 05, 2016; 04:39 PM »
You're telling me you don't see/have the attachments shown below?

Anyway - if all else fails, try these direct links:

pacale75

• Nameless
Re: Please upload mmBBQ 3.1.0RC1
« Reply #88 on: Feb 05, 2016; 07:23 PM »
Thanks much, I got the 3.1.0RC1 files through your direct links.

Best regards

Pacale75

michel741

• Nameless
« Reply #89 on: Feb 06, 2016; 10:57 AM »
Where you use all this new versions, on which game?