Author Topic: mmbbq 3.0.3.3alpha9  (Read 43201 times)

SchummelBaron

• Nameless
Re: mmbbq 3.0.2.10
« Reply #15 on: Oct 18, 2014; 04:01 PM »
It may be just me, but for the life of me, I just see no point to it.
The point is that ...

... it has free cookies.

Yandor

• Named
Re: mmbbq 3.0.2.10
« Reply #16 on: Oct 19, 2014; 01:57 AM »
From a personal point of view it's disappointing to see open discussion promoting cheats , including links to the download for the cheat and how to use it, still not deleted.

I don't care how people might feel about T3 and how they handled Hellgate. Cheating is cheating. I don't buy into the whole 'if it was still Flagship or somebody other than T3 running the game I would not use cheats' line of thinking.

If it's an unpalatable grind-fest to you then play something else. Just don't justify being a cheat by blaming the game you're cheating in, because you're cheating because you're a cheat and you would cheat in any game if possible anyway.

I guess this site is about as finished as the game is now.
Much of your perspective seems reasonable and the anti-social types that use mmbbq with the desire to mess up other players enjoyment are a menace to gaming, no doubt about that.

Much of the potential to ruin a game via mmbbq or other forms of hexing have largely already been taken care of by the now common use of the game server to hold both the player stats and the game assets so they cant be tampered with. The two main cheats that seem to be open for exploitation involve player movement. Cheaters can seem to be teleporting although they say it is actually just very fast walking.
They can also automate a sequence of movements and actions so that a boring repetitive combat scene can be automated. As a general rule they cannot cheat on their stats or gold or gear so the reality is not as threatening as it may seem.

When I spent a week grinding a striker in the caste caves in HGG I did use mmbbq but not to cheat, just because it filtered out the palla spammers automated messages that were scrolling the players chat off the screen and I got sick of scrolling back to read the genuine chat and that chat was about the only thing that kept me from blowing a fuse during that insane waste of a week of a person's life.

There were two bots in the line outside the caves, at first they bothered me. I spoke to one of them, he was using his striker to grind his buddies guardian. He claimed to be on long term meds that meant he could only play for about 4 hours tops without falling asleep. Whether it was true or not I was so pissed off with wasting a week with my striker that I could see how shitty it would be for a guardian. It isn't just gamers that are grossly inconsiderate of other people, game publishers are also well up on my hate list for anti-social conduct. They did get kicked thanks to complaints from players but they were back a few days later. I had lost my initial objection to the "cheating" they were doing via mmbbq, it no longer bothered me.

In Dayz Alpha which people are paying maybe $30 for, the fast player movement via mmbbq has allowed losers to kill other players as easily as if they were using a god mode to do it. Death is permadeath there and it takes an hour or more for a spawn to get the basic survival items so it has had a very adverse impact on morale.

There will always be creeps and to me both FSS and the current owners are creeps too, meaning their impact via a requirement for mindless grinding is anti-social. Grinding is not gaming to me, I see it as the owner cheating on all of us, failing to deliver on a reasonable expectation. It is cheating and it is also criminal fraud which I wish they would get prosecuted for <sigh>.

I don't have answers. Good luck to you Nikz whatever you decide.
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2014; 02:05 AM by Yandor »

SchummelBaron

• Nameless
Re: mmbbq 3.0.2.x
« Reply #17 on: Oct 26, 2014; 03:04 PM »
3.0.2.11 is ready. Here is the link to it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sab0yozk4rejqjr/mmbbq_3.0.2.11.zip?dl=0

Changes:

AutoTCR:

- The search with "findmap" now runs a little bit faster.

AutoNPC:

- Now supports the focus weapon "Dreary Hands". One can search for it with:

/ask for focus
/ask conrad  - or -  /ask conrad alot

The "alot" option has also received a change and now gives each item a rating and one can set a threshold for it. The values range from 0.0 (uninteresting), 10.0 (interesting) to 15.0 (outstanding) and higher. The default here is 13.0, which matches the old behaviour. The exact value to an item can be found in the terminal window to mmBBQ in square brackets when running a search with "alot". The threshold is changed with (for example):

/ask rating 12.0

Setting the value lower will yield results earlier and setting it higher will take more time. It has no effect on the item or the game's random generator itself. The "perfect" item comes when it comes.

AutoLib:

/find glutton
/find natan
/find occi
/find occy
/find oculus
/find back

One can now jump straight to Glutton and Natan, too. To jump to Glutton does one need to be in Harajuku, for Natan in the Beast Hall and for Oculus on level 15 of the Catacombs. Alternative names for Oculus are also supported. In case of Natan will it jump to the first torch and will light them one after another, leaving the last torch for the player to light.
The command "/find back" will jump back to where one came from, and if a PRD was set will it jump onto the PRD. Note, for the teleport to Natan to work reliably should one wait for any lag to subside before entering the command or else it may fail (mmBBQ is affect by the same problems such as lags, bugs, etc. as the players are).

Good luck and have fun!
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2014; 09:19 PM by SchummelBaron »

Superman

• Nameless
« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2014; 04:10 AM »
Nice work.

WhatsAllTheFuss

• Nameless
« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2014; 11:25 PM »
Looking at this, perhaps I am missing something.  How does one set this up to run the TCR farm??  I cannot seemingly follow the instructions

SchummelBaron

• Nameless
« Reply #20 on: Nov 15, 2014; 02:58 AM »
Looking at this, perhaps I am missing something.  How does one set this up to run the TCR farm??  I cannot seemingly follow the instructions
Sorry, I haven't completed the docs yet, but I'll tell you briefly how to run a TCR farm with it.

TCR farming is all about killing Fat Bully. You need two characters, one striker (engineer or marksman) and a hopper. The hopper needs to get the quest of TechSmith13 for Wart's peg leg. Just do not complete the quest. Each time the hopper enters Tottenham Court Road will it spawn Fat Bully. This is either a bug or it was done intentionally to help new players. Anyhow, because entering the map will create Fat Bully again each time do you kill it and pick up the loot. Because Fat Bully can appear anywhere on the map can it be difficult to find him. This is what you need the striker for. The striker should use as much splash as possible (+100% and more) so he can kill Fat Bully from a large distance. One also searches for a small map to limit the area. Ideal is a map with less than 75m, but 90m-110m works, too. Once you have these conditions do you active the striker and have him throw strikes repeatedly while the hopper jumps through the portal back and forth.

The commands you need to use are the following:

/tcr findmap

This will start a search for a small map. Your character will walk into the portal of Tottenham Court Road, measure the distance to Tantorus, and if the distance is too large will it leave and reset the map to check the next, new map. Because Tantorus can always be found at the end of the map is the distance to this boss a good measure for the length of the map. You will still have to check the final map to see if it is actually usable, because sometimes the entrance can be awkward or the map is shaped in a curve.

/tcr hop

This starts the hopper. You use it with the character who has accepted the quest of TechSmith13. It then just keeps hopping back and forth through the portal.

/tcr strike 36  -- or --  /tcr strike 36+6

This starts the striker. The character will throw strikes into the direction of Fat Bully every 18s, alternating between Smackdown and Napalm Strike (36s / 2 = 18s). When you start it with "36+6" will it delay each strike by 6s, which allows to kill two Fat Bullies in one strike, if your timing is right.

Both commands will also let the characters collect loot to keep the amount of loot on the map to a minimum.

If you want to put a third player onto the map who is just supposed to collect loot then you can use:

/tcr collect

which does nothing besides collecting loot.

Once you are done can you go to Murmur and exchange coins into gifts with:

/tcr murmur

This however only works when the game was started in window mode, because of some internal problems with mmbbq. Still, when you have 500 or more coins then it is quite nice to automate the exchange, too.

/tcr trashall

This will trash most of the low-value items you get from Murmur. Only use it once you have moved all that you wish to keep out of the inventory. It will get rid of pills, radars and the other smaller stuff. It will not trash exp boosters, mod slot expanders, hearts and skill points. Give it a try and you'll see...

The Pause/Break key will pause the striker and loot collectors. A second press will resume them. The hopper is stopped and will not resume. The exchange with Murmur also is stopped.

The command "/tcr off" will stop everything as well.

If either hopper, striker or the collectors run idle for some reason will it trigger an alarm and a sound is played. This lets you know when to look after problems.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2014; 03:38 PM by SchummelBaron »

WhatsAllTheFuss

• Nameless
« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2014; 09:41 PM »
Fantastic - thanks for the explanation!  Got it working no problems now!

rar_77

• Nameless
« Reply #22 on: Nov 20, 2014; 09:11 PM »
Where i have to write "/find natan"?
cip77 - Engi55/50, ConradPreston - Summoner 50/5, DimonPokemon - Summoner 55/33 (RIP 14.05.2012)

SchummelBaron

• Nameless
« Reply #23 on: Nov 23, 2014; 08:16 PM »
Where i have to write "/find natan"?
You write it into the chat window. Run through the Edo Castle maps to the Beast Hall. When you are standing next to the altar and have paid for the quest to kill Natan do you set a PRD and can enter "/find natan". It will jump to the place in the sky where Natan is found, then lights the three torches and places you in front of the last torch in the center of the room (you have to light the last torch yourself).
After you have killed Natan can you enter "/find back" and it will teleport you back and onto the PRD and so gets you back to the station fast.

When a friend of yours resets the map via the London Bridge Station can you enter your PRD to return to the Beast Hall, to set a new PRD, to pay the altar again and there you can enter "/find natan" again. This procedure lets one farm Natan nearly as fast as one can farm Moloch.
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2014; 08:19 PM by SchummelBaron »

SchummelBaron

• Nameless
« Reply #24 on: Dec 09, 2014; 09:22 AM »
Due to the EXP Bonus currently do I like to give a few examples of how to use AutoSHXP for farming XP in Stonehenge.

As a solo engineer or marksman:

/shxp on

Simply stand in front of one of the four portals and it will reset the map, run into the portal, throw a strike, and leave again. It will use the skills NAPALM STRIKE followed by ESCAPE. So you need to make sure to have enough power points for both. If you need it saver, because you do not have ESCAPE can you do:

/shxp smackdown
/shxp mode 0
/shxp on

This will switch to SMACKDOWN, thereby giving you a chance to stun mobs and to stop them. "mode 0" will only throw strikes from the entry point and not move towards the wooden frame.

When you are a marksman will it use MULTISHOT, NAPALM STRIKE and ESCAPE. It requires more power points, but produces the most damage. It will cheat by using the engineer's strikes (with critical hits) over the marksman's strikes, which is possible because of a bug in the server mechanics, and lets you clear the room on HELL difficulty almost instantly.

When you are in a party does one need to wait at the entrance for all players to come out before one can reset the map. It is currently not possible to detect all the players in a party automatically, and players can die, get stuck in transition or disconnect. It tries to detect the players, but it is not flawless and can be confused. Therefore the only option for now is to specify a waiting time:

/shxp owait 3
/shxp on

This will add a three second delay before the reset. If another player was detected inside the room, but who has not returned to Stonehenge yet, will it wait three times as long before resetting the map (i.e. 9 seconds). Players with very slow transition times between maps will require larger delays.

If you want to follow another player and have him do the reset and only support him with strikes can you do:

/shxp party Sue
/shxp on

This will not do any resets, but lets you wait for the player "Sue" to enter first. It will then only follow the player into the room and throw a strike before leaving again.

Here is an example for a party:

Player1 (follower):

/shxp party Player2
/shxp on

Player2 (striker and party leader):
/shxp owait 3
/shxp smackdown
/shxp on

Player1 will follow Player2 into the portal as soon as Player2 enters it. Player2 will do the resets and throws SMACKDOWN. If Player1 has got NAPALM strikes will he use them automatically in support.

Guardians can have a special role. If their tank is strong enough to survive in the center of the room for at least 10-15 seconds can one let them teleport into the center:

Player1 (follower, not a Guardian):
/shxp party Player3
/shxp on

Player2 (follower, Guardian):
/shxp party Player3
/shxp mode 3
/shxp on

Player3 (striker and party leader):
/shxp owait 3
/shxp smackdown
/shxp on

Player1 and Player2 will follow Player3 into the room. Player3 will wait 3 seconds before doing a reset. Player1 and Player3 will stay in the entrance area, but Player2 will teleport into the middle of the room where the mobs are and will trigger PRAYER OF RETRIBUTION followed by CHALLANGE. This will gather more mobs into the center , force hidden mobs to appear for more XP and makes it saver for others, too.

A more complex example:

Player1 (follower, not a Guardian, weak gear):
/shxp party Player4
/shxp on

Player2 (follower, not a Guardian, good gear):
/shxp party Player4
/shxp mode 2
/shxp on

Player3 (follower, a Guardian):
/shxp party Player4
/shxp mode 3
/shxp on

Player4 (striker and party leader with good gear):
/shxp owait 3
/shxp mode 2
/shxp smackdown
/shxp on

Here "mode 2" lets some of the players teleport to the opening. This is not as save as standing at the entrance or the wooden frame, but it gives more XP. In case of the striker will strikes get thrown deeper into the room for best XP gain.

And remember, pressing Pause/Break will pause the cycle and resume on second key press. "/shxp off" turns it all off again.

Hope this helps. Enjoy the EXP Bonus Event!
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2014; 09:27 AM by SchummelBaron »

fogel

• Nameless
« Reply #25 on: Jan 13, 2015; 12:22 AM »
I just 'hijack' this thread for another 'cheat' I use for long time. (sorry)

It does two things:

1) Updated 'bad word'-filter (x_hellgate100.*); This is a simple text file with the bad words you not allow to say in chat. As for some reason HG:G does not differ between item names, the current filter cripple everything that pass the chat. With this updated empty list it does not matter who writes what or what items are linked, every single letter is displayed as typed.

2) Disable VGA Sniper Mode (x_hellgate200.*); This disable the 'VGA effect' when enter sniper stance and also disable the zoom in when you are not on FPS view. Once you zoom in, the FPS view is still activated and locked immediately and prevent zoom out until you leave the sniper stance. However, movement, armor and fire rate decrease is still applied as well as increased damage and all other skill effects. It's just remove the dark black corners and prevent the auto zoom in when in 3rd person view.

Installation is very simple:

1) Start the HG:G Launcher
2) click Check and then Repatch
3) Once patching is done, launch HG:G till the menu (this apply the patch)
4) Exit HG:G and unpack the zip file into the data folder
5) Launch HG:G as usual

zuranorb

• Nameless
« Reply #26 on: Jan 13, 2015; 10:37 AM »
How to use autocube for blue Mods ?
I Saw it in autoloot.lua but dont understand how i use It.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2015; 10:39 AM by zuranorb »

NiteHawk

• Administrator
  • Dark Will
  • Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #27 on: Jan 13, 2015; 01:26 PM »
If I understand it correctly it's not 'auto', and also still marked "WiP" (work in progress).

Try the command "/loot cm" (combine mods). It should pick six rare mods from your (main) inventory, and combine them in the cube.

Regards, NiteHawk
"'Chocolate Park' sounds... suspiciously cute."

zuranorb

• Nameless
« Reply #28 on: Jan 13, 2015; 05:31 PM »
Thx i tried command /loot cm but BBQ says cant use Cube :(
I guess i have to wait for new Version.

EDIT : Cube was empty
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2015; 09:07 AM by zuranorb »

NiteHawk

• Administrator
  • Dark Will
  • Lurking in the shadows
« Reply #29 on: Jan 13, 2015; 05:51 PM »
Make sure your transmogrifying cube is empty before trying to use the command, otherwise it won't work.

Regards, NiteHawk
"'Chocolate Park' sounds... suspiciously cute."